tuscl

I hope that your mom did not eat chicken wings.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:35 AM
BUFFALO, N.Y. — The Queen City is known for its wings and the National Buffalo Wing Festival. However, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is asking organizers to ban pregnant women from participating in the wing eating contest that's part of the festival. PETA officials point to research from the Study for Future Families. "A study has come out that says when women consume chicken while pregnant, there's actually a chance that their sons will have smaller than average penises," said PETA associate director of campaigns Lindsay Rajt. PETA also says the study shows babies could be born with blocked arteries due to high cholesterol in chicken meat. Meanwhile, pregnant women in Western New York were surprised by the news. "I think that it's silly. I ate poultry when I was pregnant and I have two children and they are perfectly fine," said North Tonawanda resident Heather Albert. "They really never said anything about what to eat, and what not to eat. Just told me to be you know cautious of certain things and make sure I eat stuff so I won't have low iron," said Buffalo resident Candice Stewart. "I've never heard of that at all as far as like a man having small areas because of their mother or the women eating chicken wings," said Buffalo resident Shawn West. YNN reached out to several Buffalo doctors for their expertise but many declined to speak on camera. Some say they would prefer to listen to their doctor instead of a study. "If my doctor says I need to watch my eating then I'll listen to the doctor. I'm not going to listen to PETA who claims it has defects," said Wheatfield resident Krystle Socha. "If there is something that supports it then that's kind of where I would fall in line with it, but 'til they show me something that's substantial and proves it, then she can eat all he chicken wings she wants," said Wheatfield resident Ben Socha. YNN reached out to the Wing King Drew Cerza, but he said he has no comment. The festival is scheduled to kick off Aug. 31

13 comments

• Dacandyman
    11 years ago
    No worries here. I think my mom must have ate anti-chicken when she was pregnant with me. LOL
  • Dacandyman
    11 years ago
    Srsly tho. Is this from the onion?? Seems pretty stupid. And if it is real what should pregnant women eat to have girls with big tits?? Baby's all coming out with D cups that only get bigger. That would be so cool
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Chicken wings coming to McDonalds. [view link]
  • Corvus
    11 years ago
    I've always thought PETA stood for People Eating Tasty Animals.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I always thought PETA meant dumbass
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Hope you didn't eat any of the moms that ate the wings.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Eating animals *is* treating them ethically. However, in the anecdote department, I *love* chicken wings, and eat them as often as possible. I've never been pregnant, though.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    GMD - the question is, did your mom eat them. :)
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @shadowcat: I don't think so. I was born before they were (allegedly) "invented" at the Anchor Bar. Somewhat ironically, several places around Western NY have better wings than the supposed originator. :)
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Upstate is weird and so is their studies. I don't eat any meat besides halal anyway.
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Wonder what PETA has to say about eating pussy.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    "A study has come out that says when women consume chicken while pregnant, there's actually a chance that their sons will have smaller than average penises," said PETA associate director of campaigns Lindsay Rajt. Now something just doesn't jive here. Where would the "myth" of black men and penis size fit Lindsay's study?
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Eat more chicken
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion