tuscl

Investors Should Get A Rise Out Of Rick's Cabaret Future Earnings

Near Term Catalysts

Management to give FY2014 guidance before end of fiscal year
My non-GAAP EPS estimates of $1.46 (FY13) -> $1.94 (FY14 est.) -> $2.39(FY15 est.) show new acceleration trend.
Vivid Los Angeles to open soon, providing an operational beach head in the West Coast.
Vivid NYC to open in time for upcoming Super Bowl XLVII in NY.
"Breastaurants" are the second hottest category in the restaurant sector.
New Ricky Bobby and Bombshells concepts makes Rick's a serious competitor in this category.
Q3:FY2014 earnings beat of $0.36 shows higher margin clientele are returning to Rick's clubs.
Management could announce a plan to unlock their balance sheet by moving real estate assets into a REIT structure which could unlever the balance sheet and inject capital into the operational side of Rick's Cabaret.
Technically, RICK stock looks ready to challenge its multi-year high of $15 if it can get past near-term resistance levels.

I have been following the growth story of Rick's Cabaret since they embarked on their roll up campaign in 2005 with the acquisition of what is now considered their flagship operation, Rick's NYC. They have grown their business from 7 stores to 37 stores during this period. Correspondingly, operational revenues have grown from $15 million to over $108 million (TTM) in the same time period. Unfortunately EPS growth up to now had not followed the same upward trajectory.

This peculiar trend is changing course and investors should pay attention. EPS growth is resuming as evidenced by the Company's first three quarters of FY2013 financial results. So far this year, we have seen a revenue gain of 18% and a corresponding non-GAAP EPS gain of over 14%. My projections for non-GAAP EPS (September 30 year end) are $1.46 to finish the current fiscal year.

Yet the price of Rick's Cabaret stock at $9.31 trades at a miserly 7.28 times trailing twelve month earnings. It's forward price to earnings multiple for a year which has less than two months of operations is 6.73 times non-GAAP earnings.

Past Disappointments to Expectations Are In the Past

I am well aware of the factors that have acted as speed bumps to past EPS growth at Rick's. Acquisitions prior to the 2008 financial sector collapse in the U.S. were transacted at bubble prices. The resulting recession caused a relative under performance in the new assets relative to expectations. Write downs as the Company shed underperforming assets and other problems during the following few years also had negative effects on EPS growth. Fortunately, at the end of FY2012, all of the obstacles to sustained EPS growth are now water under the bridge.

Recent acquisitions especially the larger ones have been exceeding expectations. This was to be expected in a post bubble economy as acquisitions over the past three years have been purchased at the right prices.

Future Estimates are Even More Compelling

I reiterate that the speed bumps are in the past. In my opinion, there is clear sailing ahead.

With six additional stores due to be added over the next few months plus the contributions of the previously added five clubs to the picture, I are projecting top line growth in FY2014 to $148 million (>31%). I estimate that FY2014 non GAAP EPS of $1.94, a greater than 33% growth rate. The projected acceleration is due to the fact that the areas of extraordinary expense are arguably under control now and current margins are outpacing any of the expense areas that have previously caused EPS expectations shortfalls. Future EPS growth should reflect margin expansion.

For the value investor, Rick's common stock is currently priced slightly below book value. Its financial metrics relative to other restaurant stocks are compelling. A review of restaurant comps tells me that the market prices RICK stock at an extreme discount to its peers.

For the growth investor, the recently reported Q3:FY2013 should be considered a inflection point for non-GAAP EPS growth. FY2013 growth will come in at >17%. FY2014 growth should accelerate to 33%, yet it trades at only 6.73 times its ttm earnings.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1648372-…

22 comments

• Dougster
    11 years ago
    But the RickyBoyDugan and txtittyfuck said it was a horrible investment/piece of shit and about to go under due to debt load.

How come, so far, it's behaving as I said it would and not according to their "expert" analysis?
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Soaring today (+3.2% to $9.89). It breaks out above $10.70'ish and I buy more. I don't care what that fuckhead the RickyBoyDugan says.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    "How much for that doggie in the window? Ruff! Ruff!"

Who is this David Mau character anyway? He works for a research "boutique" specializing in microcap stocks, which makes a lot of sense. This article read like a classic penny stock pump up fluff piece. I wonder what his qualifications are besides a Series 7 - lol.

I project that I will be a multi-billionaire by 2015. That statement is about as meaningful as a multi-year earnings projection. ;)

I wonder just how spinning off assets and debts into a REIT "unlocks" the company's balance sheet, unless third-party investors are dumb enough to over-pay for shares in the REIT and/or current market analysts become stupid enough to ignore off balance sheet sale-leaseback obligations. Might be another sweet investment opportunity for you Dougster.

But David Mau, an obscure analyst of dubious origins working in a pump and dump operation, knows more than the rest of the market. So on his say so we should start plowing our savings into RICK.

I've seen the light. ;)
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    So, RickyBoy - give us the bottom line. The stock is performing well since I said "buy" and you said it was garbage. Have you changed your mind about it? Ready to admit your original "analysis" (see how I put that in quotes) was off?
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    "Have you changed your mind about it? Ready to admit your original "analysis" (see how I put that in quotes) was off?"

I see that drugs may not only be a problem with dancers - lol. Did you not read whay I just wrote? And good luck selling those fictitious shares at anything close to the current "price" as the stock has 5%+ intraday swings and very light average tradign volume.

I stand firm with my analysis. It is a company choked with debt with a highly uncertain future revenue stream that is highly sensitive to economic cycles and a wide variety of state/local regulations. It's real value is as a novelty stock, so that someone can say that he owns a piece of a strip club chain. Any significant growth is just a bonus.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    See, RickyBoy this is one thing that is absolutely most certain about you. If there is anyway you think you can get away without not having to admit you are wrong about anything when you clearly are you will grasp at those straws. The market is speaking loud and clear on this one, but I know you have too much ego at stake here to admit you are wrong, so are just to thrash around an tangle yourself up more. And I will just pressing and pressing this one against as you. Gonna be hilarious. Even though the market is sayin I'm wrong you are going to boob and weave and tap dance and fart and say yours was the better analysis even though the market did exactly the opposite of what you said it would.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Let's see up 3.7% on a day when the overall market was red. Volume three times the ten day average and the most I see back to April. Knocking on the $10 big figure.

Yeah, maybe the RickyBoy is right. It's a POS obviously about to crater. (<- heavy sarcasm)
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    Better sell while the sellin' is good. ;) Don't confuse a short term bump with a long term investment holding. This dog has way too many fleas.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    The market is saying you know nothing Rick.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    RICK above $10 this morning, RickyBoy, even with the overall market down big. Sure sign of weakness, right, moron?
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    $10.38 now, RickyBoy. New highs every day on volume. Definitely weak (serious sarcasm) right, RickyBoy? Ready to admit you were wrong yet?
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    I don't judge my positions on short term momentum swings. A good investment throws off sustained growth over the long term and this one faces significant hurdles to being able to do so.

If I were you I would sell now while there is a little cream to be scooped off the top. ;)
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Gee, RickyBoy, you told me to sell at $9.41. One dollar or about 10% ago.

Hate to say it (not, j/k, I love it), but you clearly have no fucking idea what you are talking about here. Your initial analysis was crap. The market is saying that rallying this stock on volume even at time when the general market is struggling.

At the same time though you have too much ego at stake to admit you were wrong here. I understand though. I got you in a real bind. Here you either admit you are wrong, and I was wrong and then you know I am going to stick that to you forever. Or you bury yourself deeper as this stock continues to rally and you keep insisting you were right all along.

Too funny! Nailing you on all fronts this morning, RickyBoy!
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Look at the volume today. Looks like a good chane it will close above $10.60 too. Is RickyBoy a complete disaster with his financial advice or what?

What do you think RickyBoy? Should people take some profits here or add to their positions? Your advice has been so bad so far, let's see you bury yourself a little deep now! :-)
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Closed at $10.68, up 3.8% to a 52 week high, on a quarter of a million shares volume, which is easily the highest volume in over a year.

Looks RickyBoy will get a txtittyfan award on financial advice/analysis for his "insights" on this one. :-)

*** SLAM DUNKED THAT FAGGOT RICKY-BOY ***
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Holy shit! Looks like it is trying to make a move on that big $11 handle already, RickyBoy. If it breaks above that, I bet even you will have to put your massive ego to the side and admit you were wrong about this one.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Another big day for RICK. Up 4.4% to another 52 week high. Even closed above the big $11 handle at $11.15.

Good volume too - 178,000.

RickyBoy and tittyfuck totally blew their analysis on this one. Funny they aren't around to even try and defend their idiocy either.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    No comment about how badly you fucked up your "analysis" here, huh, RickyBoy?
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    The numbers speak for themselves here. Let's see RickyBoy try and argue with the numbers.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Wow! Look those futures RickyBoy. Could be a big open for the market tomorrow. Got any shrew analysis (serious sarcasm) as to how stock ticker RICK performs in September?
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    RickyBoy - why did you tell me to sell at $9.41 and then Friday it closed at $11.21. That's a 15% move to upside I would have missed...
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    And why did self-fancied financial expert txtittyfan say this was a piece if shit stock that he would never recommend just before a 25% rally on volume over just a few months?

Trying to understand what mistake you guys made when you did your expert analyses? (Haha, serious sarcasm I know what it was but would love to see if you do yet.)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion