tuscl

What countries incarcerate more people than the U.S.A. ? Yeah off topic. :)

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

12 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I noticed that Russia and it's former possessions were right up on that list. I noticed that our number one favored trading nation China wasn't on that list...
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    You do realize that by publishing this you risk being incarcerated. There is a relatively new (two or three years old) Presidential order allowing the "secret police/service" to arrest and hold indefinitely with charges anyone they deem to be a threat to the asshole in the chair in the oval orifice. A direct violation of the constitution (4th, 5th, 6th and 8th amendments) but congress has done nothing to stop the dictator. All government officials need to be subject to the same rules and laws that they impose on us (including healthcare and social security). We need term limits for all government officials and employees 8 years for the House and 12 years for the Senate. Make it illegal for any staff to continue to work for the government after their gravy train elected official leaves. NO pensions for anyone except military until 65 years old and it must be a defined contribution 401K type that they pay into just like the rest of us. I am tired of these freeloading bastards getting rich on our backs.
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    China's incarceration rate is actually unclear. Apparently it is quite low for those actually convicted (similar to Canada/western Europe) but goes up more than double if you add in those merely "detained". Of course, you can be detained indefinitely....

But, no matter how you cut it, it is lower than the US rate.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    What? Some US citizens waking up to what is going on out there?
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    I've heard that if you are black and between the ages of 18 and 35, there's a 1 in 3 chance that you're in the system. What's wrong with this picture?
  • DoctorPhil
    11 years ago
    ^^^^^^^^

i’ve heard that if you are in the system there is a 99.99999999% chance that you have chosen to be there by your actions.
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    So you never do ANYTHING illegal DrPhil?
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Everywhere else they just kill you.
  • BagBoyJames
    11 years ago
    I pooped a little
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    We jail too many people for drug possession. Legalize drugs, regulate drugs, and let adults decide for themselves what to ingest. Save billions in legal system and prison costs.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I'm kind of left wondering how posting a link to information that is common knowledge to a lot of people could possibly in any way be considered a threat to the highest office. Obama is not up to be re-elected a third time so if there is a threat that he might not get re-elected a third time, maybe.

If we didn't lock up everyone for minor drug offenses, our incarceration rate would probably be a lot lower. Maybe it's a sign we live in a police state. All other countries may have harsher prisons. I remember years ago I saw on the local news foreign officials viewing our prison system. They said if they had nice prisons like ours, their crime rate would skyrocket as people tried to get in.
  • DoctorPhil
    11 years ago
    “So you never do ANYTHING illegal DrPhil?”

how did you come up with that from my post?

maybe we should talk about the education system failures in teaching reading comprehension a different thread.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion