tuscl

Lucite Heels

Friday, August 9, 2013 8:19 AM
Once again it's a beautiful Friday. I hope some of y'all perverts are gonna make it to the club this weekend. I went on Wednesday and I'm planning on going again. Now that we've got all of that out of the way, I have a question to ask that only the most experienced of clubbers will be able to answer. When did dancers start wearing Lucite Heels? When was the switch made from pumps or open toes to the clear platforms that we all know and love? I've been clubbing since 1993 and they seem to have been around since I could remember. Anybody have any inside information on when or even why? Maybe even where?

5 comments

• mikeya02
    11 years ago
    I think it all started when Cinderella wore her glass slippers to the ball.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    Well, the reason that dancers wear platform shoes is that they're easier to dance in for long periods of time because the arch isn't so severe ... plus, they stick your butt out, suck your tummy in and lengthen the legs.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    "plus, they stick your butt out, suck your tummy in and lengthen the legs." Hmmm. Maybe I should start wearing 'em. Nah, my butt already sticks out far enough.
  • Chanel
    11 years ago
    I read somewhere that customers prefer clear or silver heels over black ones. When I quit dancing four years ago, most girls wore the black platforms. When I returned to the Sands last November, almost every girl in the club had the clear Lucite type. Unfortunately for me, the sizing also changed so I can't wear them anymore. They really are more comfortable to walk around in because the soles are more cushion-y then regular shoes.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Duo, I like your answer. Great insight, Chanel.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion