tuscl

Happy B-day Mick

tumblingdice
South Carolina
Thursday, July 25, 2013 2:49 PM
If any band could sum up how I roll it would have to be the [view link] about You?

19 comments

• zipman68
    11 years ago
    Don't get better than the stones my brother, 'cept possibly the dead. May be Sir Mick's b-day but my fave stone is Keith. 'Tis amazing that Keith is still with us. I wonder if heroin in really high doses is actually good for you. Perhaps akin to the Babylon 5 universal anti-agapic. Perhaps it has just been that no other famous people have taken as much heroin as Keith has. Why the fuck hasn't Keith been knighted?
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Long live fucking rock and roll!
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Zip! Saw the Dead in Englishtown NJ. I think it was 1979 if you know what I mean.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Hendrix Experience
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    Yeah tumblingdude -- there were a few shows that I *think* I went to. But maybe I got lost on the way and hallucinated the whole thing after dropping some acid, smoking some weed, and taking a hit of nitrous. Fun times, but alas they are behind me. Stones def a different vibe. Every show unique for the dead. But the last stones show I went to was Bridges to Babylon. Cool show, but not the "hand crafted" jam band vibe. Xtian dude outside was giving out flyers and yelling that we shouldn't go 'cos it was actually "bridges to Satan". I told the crazy fundy that my girlfriend and I spent $120 on our bridge to Satan, so Lucifer himself better dance a jig during "Sympathy for the Devil" Fuckin' Mick didn't play "Sympathy for the Devil".
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Liberace!
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Steel Wheels,Shea Stadium,89.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Keith Richards once did a just say no PSA. Dennis Leary ranted that we can't do any drugs-Keith Richards did them all and we gotta wait till he dies so we can smoke Keith Richards' ashes. Great band with great songs.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    I met a gin soaked bar room queen in Memphis
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    GWAR! I definitely live in a Gwar-ish reality.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Met some Gwarists back in Jersey.Not really the people I want to hang with.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Yeah, Gwar is out there. Just like saying Gwar!
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    One of the great quotes off all time: "I`d rather be dead than singing "Satisfaction" when I`m forty-five." Lol, Mick
  • KingxGorilla
    11 years ago
    never been too big of a stones fan, went towards black Sabbath and general Doom Metal that spurred from Sabbath, real big on the sick heavy guitar riffs.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    The Doors [view link]
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I'm with you Jackslash, the Lizard King & co.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    jack and slick I agree up to a point. I like the Doors' songs better (slightly) But as an overall body of work I've got to give it to the Stones If the Doors lasted as long as Mick and the boys, probably it would be the Doors
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    What about Led Zeppelin? Cream? I also love that southern rock-Allman Brothers & Skynyrd.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    You hit upon two genres I love Southern rock and blues influenced rock. One of the reasons I like the Stones, the Doors, Eric Clapton, and Zep is their connection with the Blues.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion