tuscl

Enough About Race

Saturday, July 20, 2013 10:19 PM
I am done discussing this shit. My one arm, bilingual Dad wants to know why it's ok to label Mexicans lazy but not blacks or whites? Real talk.

18 comments

• gsv
    11 years ago
    Lazy? they mow my lawn
  • gsv
    11 years ago
    and suck my dick in tijuana. not lazy at all =]
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    One word: siesta.

Just kidding
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I dunno, this might be non PC, but when parents moved to Florida 30 years ago, this was commonly heard....

Black Americans take the jobs white people won't do (working on garbage trucks, prison guards)

Mexicans take the jobs the blacks won't do (lawn care, fruit pickets)

But the Haitians take the jobs even the Mexicans won't (working in the sugar cane fields)

--

So Mexicans aren't lazy or crazy

• motorhead
    11 years ago
    * fruit pickers
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    He just wants to know when being the "One Arm Man" is back in style? He's a fan of The Fugitive.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I agree with you slick. I have had enough of the prej comments on here. There are lazy and just plain bad people in every ethnicity and there are lots of good ones too. If anyone wants to say that mexicans are lazy just watch the movie " A Day Without A Mexican"
  • rell
    11 years ago
    ive never in a day in my life thought mexicans were lazy hell.. if you think that take a vacation in cancun and see how hard them mofos work some of them work 2-3 jobs to support their families and i agree with crazy joe there lazy and hard working people in every race
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Talk about oxymoron's.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    As a teenager, I was a Moron who used lots of Oxy. Now I'm just a Moron. But my skin is clean and blemish free!
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    I'm taking a siesta on this.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    A machaca burrito sounds good about now.
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    ^HAHAHA mikeya and gatorfan
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Generalizations are never always correct. How does that work? :)
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Lol slick
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    Slick, my dad was an old school racist. You know the kind, used the "N" word in a very derogatory sense (when referring to blacks behaving badly). I also heard people referred to as "Wetback," "Polock," "Mic," and "Dago." You should have head the racist language spouted when he and his friends sat around drinking beer.

Course, I didn't know it was racist language at the time. His friends were black, Hispanic, Polish, Irish, Italian, Native American, Hawaiian and muts like us (mostly German/Welsh/Irish - but a lot of other genes mixed in). They all used the same language. I grew up in Texas in the 50s and 60s when everybody was supposed to segregated and racially judgmental. That wasn't true everywhere and certainly not around my home. Dad picked friends based on standards that had nothing to do with skin, but a lot to do with character. Dad did not change his language when politically correct came in vogue. Come to think of it, those friends of his didn't change their language either! (Except the Hawaiian - he moved back to Honolulu and opened a bar, had to learn "civil" language.)

I learned the hard way (by insulting politically correct people) that the language I grew up with wasn't acceptable anymore. Eventually I learned that Polish jokes, African jokes, Injun jokes, were not allowed anymore (even though I learned them from Polish, Black and Native American joke tellers. That's too bad, attorney jokes and politician jokes just don't have the same belly laugh potential.

I miss the days when people (of any stripe) were not so thin skinned. I don't miss the segregation, the bad behavior of too many folk, the obscene laws or the way some of my friends (friends mostly with darker skin but some with big noses and a Star of David around their necks) were treated by people on the street and even cops.

Your dad probably saw some of the same shit and perhaps he remembers when it was OK to call blacks of any age "boy." I don't know how many times my friend Estaban was called "Pedro" or worse, but that was better than what I called him, "Dickwad." I saw him last year for the first time in a decade and when we hugged I whispered "Dickwad" in his ear - he may still be laughing!

All in all, people of all shades are treated more equally now than at any other time in my life. It is not perfect, but that will never happen. It is getting better. I just wish a few loudmouths on all sides of the "racism" issue would either grow some brain cells or just shut up.

Lecture over, I'll shut up now!
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Im with ya Dallas. There's a big difference between being racially insensitive and racist.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I am prej against porcupines and spiders
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion