tuscl

reviewers complaining about ethnicity and language barriers

rell
washington dc
ok .. so i reading some of these reviews and i want to smack some of these guys in the face
i read 1 review were this guy bitches about none of the girls spoke english but the name of the place is called el gaucho? really wtf did you expect? a bunch of thin blonde hair blue eyed girls? or going into a prodomently black neighborhood to a strip club and being mad when you see all black dancers and hearing all rap music. im sorry but i think its stupid to have expectations of otherwise... im like look at where you are at .what do you expect?

16 comments

• sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    At least it's safer to let them spend time online. I hate it when I'm following them in my car and then some dummy decides to stop at a green light or block the passing lane. Hopefully they are not also online while doing so.

Ban all texting while driving.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Two very good points.
  • rell
    11 years ago
    lol the blocking a passing lane happens to me everyday .. i work in dc by the capital.. i swear they dont give a damn around there
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    You can't always expect a reviewer to have intelligence.
  • rell
    11 years ago
    lol gotta love this site the insults on here are hilarious
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    Was aforementioned "El Gaucho" located in Juarez or Mexico City? If so, by all means, punch that reviewer in the face.

Otherwise, that chip on your shoulder is looking like Mt. Whitney.
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    I think rell is referring to El Gaucho in Los Angeles. There are three reviews of this club and they all make note that a lot of the girls speak only Spanish. Nowhere did I see any bitching. This is just useful info for someone who might be going clubbing and wants to talk to the girls and doesn't speak Spanish. Same as info stating that all lap dances are air.
    Seems that rell could be a race baiter!
  • rell
    11 years ago
    im not race baiting at all .. and i saw bitching.. i dont see how thats useful info.. thats freaking common sense.. i from time to time go to a club named fuego up untill a couple of years ago that was mostly spanish girls and mostly spanish patrons and for the life of me i dont get why patrons expect there to be a bunch of hispanics that dont speak english.. just comes with the territory.on 1 hand i can speak spanish so it doesnt bother me as much but in the other its like common sense..im not gonna go to a club in a all white rich neighborhood and expect to see a bunch of black strippers.. just doesnt work that way
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    "....and i saw bitching."

I and at least 1 other member saw a simple conveyance of information. I have no doubt that you know the DC Metro area like the back of your hand. Yet, some Tuscler making a business/vacation trip to the DC area doesn't have your native knowledge. Such a discriminating individual (yes, tusclers do have discriminating tastes) would appreciate knowing in advance the nuances of certain areas/clubs. Much like a Ford Mustang enthusiast would want to walk into a Ford dealer and see several Mustangs, not just a bunch of pickup trucks, or Focuses, minivans, etc.

Names aren't always intuitive, either. For example, El Segundo CA has several white collar professional watering holes,while an English sounding name like Torrance CA can have some "el barrio", or "da hood" kind of enclaves.

I'm taking a siesta on this now.
  • rell
    11 years ago
    a city being named something and a actual business establishment are too different things especially in california
    im sorry but if im in a city that i dont know. like detriot (ive never been)go to a restaurant maybe called el pollo loco and expect french cuisine just doesnt make since. i used that review as a example but theres many more . its just very simple common sense that if someone has to read a review to pick up on is very very slow
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Anyone going to El Pollo Loco would expect the empoyees to speak English though.
  • rell
    11 years ago
    the reality of that is not there.. broken and limited english at best. see i do service for the restaurant bussiness and i would say 75-80% of the people who work in these kitchens do NOT speak english.. as a matter of fact the head chefs in alot of places usually have to learn spanish to be a head chef at a place that doesnt even serve mexican or spanish food so that tells you right there that your expectations are a bit unrealistic to what actually happens
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    I should have clarified the El Pollo Loco employees who come in contact with customers speak English. Hell, every Mexican restaurant owned by Mexicans in the US has wait staff, hosts, and managers who speak English.
    Now, I'm sure rell will have a comeback for this because he is so anal retentive.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    "The Crazy Chicken"? Did I translate that right?

Good chuckle for a Monday morning. :)
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    In Anthony Bourdain's book, "Kitchen Confidential", he has a chapter for the aspiring chef and one section deals with learning Spanish whether you want to or not. It comes with the territory. Kinda like a mailman with dogs.
  • rell
    11 years ago
    lol yes @george.. thats exactly what that means .. and jab ive already said this.. broken english at best even with the waiters and people who come in contact with customers unless this establishment is over a 3 star restaurant dont expect very much english out of eventhe wait staff .. they can speak enough to ask you what you want and take your order thats about it .. its only the 4-5 star places who have waiters and waitreses who can speak good english. again not being anal just pointing out the reality
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion