tuscl

Genuinely appalling...

zipman68
the speed force!
Now that we've had a short burst of "appalling" behavior here at TUSCL, let's talk about some genuinely appalling behavior:

http://www.salon.com/2013/07/07/“why_d…

We've de facto sanctioned turning police into goon squads in America. The 4th amendment is becoming meaningless (can't get a warrant? Just call the SWAT team raid an operation to check licenses).

This has been going on much longer than Obama...and electing Republicans isn't going to make it better. Indeed, the current animosity between two parties that aren't that different is making things worse. Lefties don't care if the government overreaches with the "crazy right wingers" and good conservatives don't care if the police break a few heads at the leftist drum circle.

Now that's appalling!

OK, like guess we need to get back to something really appalling, like Juice posting too many threads that I personally don't like. He can continue posting those I enjoy (of course).

19 comments

• zipman68
    11 years ago
    The full link didn't copy properly on my ipad, but if you copy the following after the Salon part it should work (or just google it)

why_did_you_shoot_me_i_was_reading_a_book_the_new_warrior_cop_is_out_of_control/
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    I think there will be a war. Is it to restore the constitution? Dunno. What will light it? Dunno. When will people join? That I do know - when jobs are scarce, crime soars (of course needing more police), food stamps are worthless, and the ability to just survive will come under question.

We are already under the 50% mark for full time workers (1).

(1) http://www.marketwatch.com/story/jobs-re…
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    deo,

I thought that back in the early clinton days that we were headed to a revolution. I hoped it would not be violent. Well in 1994 we had a bit of a revolution. Controlled clinton, for the most part (even got welfare reform and DOMA signed by him), during the rest of his time in office.

Now, there seems no controlling of obama. His minions in the uninformed, the ostrich media, and "What can the government do for me? crowd, have isolated him from the results of HIS policies.

So, what you say above is a possibility, although very unwanted. I would hope that enough come to their senses to get this country back on the RIGHT track.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Yes, it is unwanted.

People with medications are going to be up shit creek - my mom and dad and a whole slew of other baby boomers. No amount of Obamacare will work for that unless people are willing to go to far fewer drug stores guarded by armed police.

One can look around and see Syria, Libya, Afghanistan, etc. and how wrecked by civil war those places are. It would have to get far worse, but I fear it is coming.

In Texas there have been a fill of abortion debate about making it harder to obtain one. I think when people are willing to guard, say an abortion provider or some resource of some kind with a militia against the state, then we are off down the trail no coming back.

I also believe that the dems are forgetting the black folk. They want to nationalize millions of foreigners while black folk and the young are in double digit unemployment. I don't understand how they can be pro this new competition, but they seem to be. (The blacks have had some pipe up this is bad for them, but only on the internet, not the news.)
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    I was going to post something negative about Obama, then stopped. The NSA spying thing. Does that stop anyone from posting their real opinions?
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Say what you want-if they really are watching everything that close then they already know enough about you.

We have two forms of information gathering going on-the 1984 Big Brother watching you method and a Brave New World, you voluntarily giving up all your information,(Facebook, Instagram, etc.).

• Dougster
    11 years ago
    mike: "Does that stop anyone from posting their real opinions?"

I doubt it. I'm too a fish for them to spend even a second on, and my politics are very centrist these days.

It was different when I was younger and more anti-government. Even back then we all knew the score on the NSA - just assume they read everything single piece of information you post and listen to all your calls. Never prevented anyone I knew from posting anything. Yeah, maybe they come after you, but if that is price you have to pay for your beliefs you still have to be true to yourself. Being silent/living in fear probably seems worse to many. Many radicals also tend to have martyr/persecution complex so my bet is the idea that NSA is listening might be out to get, might actually increase their rhetoric and further radicalize them.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    So its ok to say Obama is an arrogant punk? Good.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    I don't the NSA has the resources to go after everyone who thinks that. It would probably be like half the country too.

There's a couple of essays I remember some folks posting that would certainly have got their attention, but nobody ever knocked on their door. You have to have the sense not make martyrs out of mere pests. :-)
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    "So its ok to say Obama is an arrogant punk? Good."

---

For now it is. Of course it will be tucked away for the future and who knows what that brings....
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Is that all really real. Sounds like a bombass action horror story with celebs?
  • EarlTee
    11 years ago
    No Obama fan here, but W defined "arrogant punk."
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    I am no fan of the repugnicans or the demonrats....
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    A few years ago some High school boys were shooting a BB gun in the back yard of a friends house. No one over 18 was present. A passing pig heard the pop of the bb guns and called for back up. They pigs then kicked in the front door of the house going through the back yard and beat and cuffed the kids. They then searched the house (please remember no adults were present and no warrant) and found beer in the refrigerator and liquor in a cabinet. They then charge the kids with a firearm violation (please note a BB gun is not classified as a fire arm) and also charged them with possession of alcohol. The pigs' excuse for kicking in the front/ locked front door was no one answer the knock even though they knew the kids were in the back yard.
    The only way the kids did not go to jail was that the home owner/ parent was smart enough to hire a lawyer from out of town to fight (small town and all the local lawyers butt fuck each other at the country club bar). They went before a judge and got the charges dismissed since the boys were charged and questioned without a parent, breaking down the door without cause (BB guns are not fire arms). The home owner tried to get the police to pay for the thousands of dollars damage to their house but the judge slithered under the homeland security act, hid himself and the local gestapo under the nearest rock. The house had some money and other things missing after the illegal entrance as well as the front door destroyed, furniture turned over doors ripped of kitchen cabinets freezer overturned and bottom cover torn off.
    The chief of police "leaked" to the media that it was a "possible drug raid and weapons and drugs were confiscated" -- a BB gun and a six pack --- after the charges were dropped.
    The 99% of dis-honest cops give the honest 1% a bad name.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Shit - that ain't nothing. In Henderson just seven days ago, police wanted to use a house for watching another house being raided.

Homeowner said nope.

Did the police look for another home?

Nope.

They bashed the door down and...

"Seconds later, officers, including Officer Rockwell, smashed open plaintiff Anthony Mitchell's front door with a metal ram as plaintiff stood in his living room. As plaintiff Anthony Mitchell stood in shock, the officers aimed their weapons at Anthony Mitchell and shouted obscenities at him and ordered him to lie down on the floor. Fearing for his life, plaintiff Anthony Mitchell dropped his phone and prostrated himself onto the floor of his living room, covering his face and hands.

Addressing plaintiff as "asshole," officers, including Officer Snyder, shouted conflicting orders at Anthony Mitchell, commanding him to both shut off his phone, which was on the floor in front of his head, and simultaneously commanding him to 'crawl' toward the officers. Confused and terrified, plaintiff Anthony Mitchell remained curled on the floor of his living room, with his hands over his face, and made no movement."

-- http://reason.com/blog/2013/07/05/nevada…

Will those officers be fired?

I doubt it, although it was a blatant breach of his rights!
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    I don't like juice like that either....so don't make me that way
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    I look at it this way, to some extent. I live REAL close to the Everglades. One can easily get "lost" there and I do know how to survive in the glades. Will it come to that, I pray not, but one just never knows with this bunch in the WH!

One problem, however, my Harley can't be ridden in the glades. Only on 41 or I-75. :(
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Everyone who has dissed Obama is a racist and Mikey should expect a visit from the stormtroopers any day now.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Fucking sickening. Well glad that's least likely to happen in nyc since there's so many other obvious serious issues afoot
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion