tuscl

"You Guys Who Can Do Things Are So Sexy"

I can't tell you how many times I have heard those words from bedraggled women this past week as I have been helping with the clean-up after the catastrophic floods of last week in Calgary and southern Alberta.

The owner of a restaurant in a small town said to me: "A big burly guy who knows about generators and motors and electricity and plumbing?......You're my dreamboat!".

Sheesh! I was grimy and wearing filthy, greasy clothes. The lady herself was also filthy (and a bit gamey) from cleaning up her restaurant.

A funny moment during the disaster.

5 comments

• jester214
    11 years ago
    Glad to know things are moving Art, kudos to you for continuing to help out. Finally got word from a college buddy that his family in Calgary was alright. Good luck with the cleanup!
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Art!What can I say?
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I hope Calgary is recovering. Pictures of the flood were appalling, but now it's fallen out of the news down here.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Nice! Sounds like you got some groupies! You should see if they mean what they say.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I've heard that before. I was fixing my Nona's range when her friend complimented me. I was like, "Nona, tell Ethel she's creeping me out. I heard about cougars but this broad's been around since the Pleistocene."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion