tuscl

bums begging for money in the parking lot

I was up in Cleveland saturday night and stopped by Christie's Cabaret. They have a pretty large parking lot that they share with other businesses and they charge for parking just to get in their lot during peak hours. Anyways I get confronted by a bum in the parking lto asking me for any spare money. I tell him I don't have any. He then tells me that I'm not going to be getting any pussy tonight going to that place. I walk in and ignore him.

33 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    Don't even speak to them. Just walk on by.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    Alucard, you could compare the parking lot to the size of the Deja Vu toledo. It is also shared by a few other business but at least they don't charge for parking there.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Mcdonalds is hiring
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I learned the easiest way to deal with begging is to just look right past them or right through them & head straight for the door with a blank look on my face. A trick I picked up from my days as a tourist in NYC. The 1st time I was there I acted like a tourist & was bothered by all manner of bums & other persons. After that I acted like a native New Yorker & never was bothered again. LOL

Yeah DJV in my town has a fair sized lot. Fortunately when I visit the club I have never been approached my unwanted persons in the lot.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    When I worked near Skid Row in Downtown LA, I'd hand out job applications to the bums. They really don't like that.
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    when I was working at a sc in atl. I never saw bums in the parking lot. I always saw hookers. they would say i'll do more then the strippers in ide for less money
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    A typical S. FL scam is the bum with a gas can. Just needs to get a couple of bucks for his stranded car. I usually point out a station and tell them to meet me there. Never had one take e up on it, but I have gotten a few f*&$ you's! I guess that us for seeing through their lame excuse. :)

My favorite FY was years ago. I used to see this same guy for YEARS, every day as I headed to work. Same sign about his hungry baby at home. New one every few months, but same message. After about 7-8 years, I called him over to my car and asked, "Shouldn't your baby be in collage by now?" A royal FY! :)
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Lol clubber and slick
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Never saw a bum in a SC parking lot, I think the management would run them off. Usually just girl working the lot. Got propositioned in Scarlett of Toledo's lot a few years ago.
    Just to see what would happen gave one at a shopping center that had a sign "Hungry children need money for food" I walked up and gave him coupons I had won for several free meals, 4 coupons worth $25 each (a while ago), at the Big Boy down the street. He threw them back at me and demanded money. I picked them up keeping a careful eye on him and said dude I thought you wanted food, he repeated his demand for money.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Kick him in the nuts
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    ^^^Said food, probably wanted to buy drugs.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Kick him in the nuts
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I had a bum sneak out from behind the building while I was in the drive thru at Mc D and ask for money.
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    I had a black female panhandler in a wheelchair chase after me in my rental car as I was exiting Goldrush-ATL parking lot back in the 90's.

I'll try to remember to clip grocery coupons, and hand them out next time I go to a sketchy area.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    "bums begging for money in the parking lot"

Go easy on txtittyfan. First he lost alot of money short treasuries from 2009-2012, and had to sell his daughter to human traffickers to cover his debts. He's just trying to raise enough money to buy her back.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Damn minnow - I went to the Goldrush last week. I got off of I-75 at the Cleveland Ave exit and right at the traffic light was a bum. This one was female, trim & looked to be in her 30's. I had to wonder what she might look like cleaned up and what she might do for money? I decided it would be safer to just continue to the club. :)
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    sc,

You should have TOFTT! :)
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    the bum should have cornered you with something like you got money for a club but not to feed a starving man. At least you can't bullshit your way out of it without seeming like an asshole
  • ime
    11 years ago
    Yeah the guy going to the strip club is the problem
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I get bums asking for money in the local Walmart parking lot. I guess if you have some bags, they think you have money. I just buy groceries. Someone must be giving them money because I haven't.

The only thing I've been asked for in a strip club lot is a ride or years ago, sex.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Clubber - I still have some pride left. :)
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    " At least you can't bullshit your way out of it without seeming like an asshole"

Yes you can. It is not your responsibility nor mine to give money to these people directly. That is why there are official charities & the Welfare system.
  • mmdv26
    11 years ago
    Ban bums and repeal what ever amendment of the constitution gives people the right to panhandle.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    sc,

Just take her home and clean her up. No pride involved in that. Perhaps you would find a gem and not a Jim. :)
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    it's illegal to panhandle.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    clubber - funny you should say that. There was this female bum that never asked for money but was always sleeping in that some hovel under a construction cape thing whatever in the city. I was tempted to help get her life back on track (and see what I can get since she did looked reasonable attractive) but my funds couldn't provide. I still wanna try that one day though.
  • magicrat
    11 years ago
    I too got propositioned once by a hooker outside a club in Atlanta. I can't remember the name of the club..was right up the street from Tattletales. She looked a little skanky for my tastes back then as most of the dancers at TT's were hot.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    magicrat - it was either Kamal's 21(Black) or XTC Live Girls(lingerie).
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    When I moved to Dallas in 2000; I was kinda of surprised that there were often many girls driving up and down infamous Harry Hines looking for “dates”. I know there are street walkers everywhere; but this was different – the girls would actually speed up to the lane beside you (there were 3 lanes on each side) to get your attention – and many of them were young and attractive and often driving some pretty nice cars (looking for some quick cash I suppose).

Having said this, it was also not uncommon for these girls to drive by the parking lots of Dallas SCs looking for customers.

This kinda of came to an end in the mid-2000s when a female Mayor was elected and it seems they started cracking down on this.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Has a dancer ever come up to you and asked for a tip when you were no where close to the stage?
    I'm wondering if anyone said "Panhandling is illegal." "How's that for a tip?"
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Some dancers have a lot in common with panhandlers the way they ask for tips. That is you weren't watching them and you were no where near the stage. Sometimes they come over to you and you tell them no thanks, then they ask for a tip like you want to give a tip to someone you just rejected. I do sometimes tip so that they leave peacefully. However if they do not, no tip. Most dancers I meet don't act like panhandlers. I believe it is dancers from other parts of the country visiting in my area.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    The Vancouver SC, No 5 Orange, is surrounded by low income housing, homeless people, druggies: all of them aggressively panhandling. I unashamedly ignore them all except for a single instance.

If I am having trouble hailing a cab outside the club, I will offer one of the derelicts a loonie if he/she can get a cab for me. These creatures fearlessly run out in the traffic of Main Street to get the attention of a passing cab for me. Risking personal safety for a loonie!

I'm a heartless bastard, aren't I?
  • EarlTee
    11 years ago
    Decades ago, at a club in San Diego that had no daytime doorman or cover charge but did have a drink minimum, a guy would occasionally come in and beg customers for drink money before management threw him out. He typically said something like, "Can you help me out with a few bucks so I can look at tits for a while?" I almost respected his approach enough to help him out, but never did.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion