tuscl

Anybody ever visit a common nuisance?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
, Ind. - Officers shut down an illegal strip club and arrested four people in Gary on Saturday morning, officials said.

Alcoholic beverages were being sold without a permit at A.J.'s Gentleman Club in the 5100 block of Harrison Street, officers with the Indiana State Excise Police said.

Undercover officers also found evidence of prostitution, live nude dancing and a full-service liquor bar.

Four people were arrested after police searched the club Saturday.

Alton Walker, 36, and Joseph Nieto, 30, were arrested on a charge of visiting a common nuisance, police said.

Officers said Makita Turner, 20, was arrested on charges in connection with a minor possessing alcohol and visiting a common nuisance.

Jim Dilworth, the manager, was preliminarily charged with maintaining a common nuisance, authorities said.

Officers also found that the club did not have valid state or city permits to allow the sale of alcohol or public entertainment, police said.

Police took an undisclosed amount of alcohol, cash and other items relevant to the investigation, authorities said.

All charges will be forwarded to the Lake County Prosecutor for review.

6 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Anybody ever visit a common nuisance"

I've encountered a great many! LOL
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I met a dancer by that name once :)
  • snowtime
    11 years ago
    Not sure I would know a "common nuisance" if it hit me in the head. Sounds about as vague a law as there can be.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    We've got a few common nuisances on the board.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Probably thought it was their land so they could make a business as they please. Silly birds, you need government permission for business! They think this is a free enterprise country?
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    That law is far too vague. I don't think patrons go around asking "hey, you have a permit for this club"?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion