tuscl

Cheetahs NYC Warning!!!

Saturday, June 22, 2013 9:16 AM
If you read all my previous reviews on cheetahs you can get the full story of my very bad experience with this club. Basically I got ripped off with several charges on two separate credit cards. Many of the charges where duplicates meaning same exact dollar amount at same exact time. I disputed charges with two credit card comapnies. Eventually cheetahs did provide cc slips with my cc numbers but all signatures were forged. I did not take further action as I knew what kind of people I was dealing with and lawyer fees, embarrassment, etc would have been far worse than paying a hefty strip club tab. This was a year and a half ago. One of the 7 charges I never received a receipt for so credit card did a charge back and I didn't have to pay. Just last week I received certified mail from a NYC attorney saying I had to pay for this one outstanding charge of over $250. Keep in mind I paid over $1,300 already to the club when they ripped me off and let it slide. Now they have the balls to come after me 1 1/2 years later for more money!!! When I called the number on the letter there was a very unprofessional woman who answered. The whole thing is beyond sketchy. I learned my lesson the hard way to never to use a credit card in a strip club, but the hell I've been through with these thugs is not to be believed. Here I was just an innocent business man looking to provide a good time for a client in town and I got taken for a ride. I sucked it up and paid the attorney the $250+ because I never want to deal with this place again. I probably could have ignored the letter as I'm sure they were just trying to scare me but that was a risk I didn't want to take. My point of this post is to warn you about strip club fraud it's prevalent and no odd wants to speak up about it probably because of the nature of the business. Fortunately for mr my SO knew right from the get go what happened so at least that wasn't a worry. Be careful guys especially at this club. They will do anything to get your money!! My advice is to stay away.

23 comments

• jay757503
    11 years ago
    good at advice sometime just good to load money on a prepaid card when out of town on business
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    "never use a credit card in a strip club" - yep!
  • londonguy
    11 years ago
    My golden rule is leave all credit/debit cards at home/in my hotel and only take as much cash as I am comfortable spending.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I disagree about never using a credit card in a strip club. I use mine in my regular clubs to pay for drinks and food, and I have never had a problem. As to the OP, he just caved. I would have fought any fraudulent charges to the end. I have received attorney letters demanding payment for things I did not owe, and I just told them to fuck themselves. I don't pay money I don't owe to slimy lawyers or douche bag collectors.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Whenever possible, when paying for dances, best to hand cash to the dancer. Any other way seems very prone to at least some of the money not making it from your hand to hers.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    One is always taking a chance when handing their credit card to someone else. Using one’s cc in a SC does not guarantee one will get ripped off; but in that type of often ROB and cutthroat environment, your chances for getting your cc ripped are definitely increased IMO. I tend to be a pretty trusting person; but I am def wary of using my CC in a SC and have never done so (although I do use my debit card via the ATM every once in a while)
  • Player11
    11 years ago
    I friend of mine got ripped real bad in a similar fashion. A SC is one place where one should be using cash. While I am in financial, I also set up at coin shows (where cash is king) and not uncommon for me to have a money clip of buying cash on me (gold buffalo money clip with say $7000 cash) when going to a SC after the show that evening instead of a dinner with coin people (boring). Then the challenge is not to spend too much or get rolled.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    jacklash posted: "I disagree about never using a credit card in a strip club. I use mine in my regular clubs to pay for drinks and food, and I have never had a problem." Perhaps you have never clubbed in NYC. Unfortunately, games are not uncommon when guys put down credit cards, especially when VIP/CR rooms are involved. In fact, it was a NYC club that taught me the valuable lesson of never putting a card down in a club, though the cost of my education was modest in comparison to what we are reading here. Cash and carry baby. When you give someone else your cc #, you give them control.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    jackslash is right. You caved, and you got what you deserved. If the fucking signatures were forged, you could not only have gotten your charges voided, but you may also have gotten your lawyer's fees paid by the club. Dumbass twice. Once for using the credit card, though you've obviously learned that lesson, and second for caving to extortion.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Cash rules everything around me-Keep the plastic at home.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    Walking around with a gold money clip with $7000 sounds equally bad.
  • bjag625
    11 years ago
    Yea and then when you google my name it would be plastered all over the Internet. Not worth it in my opinion. These guys will stop at nothing to get their money. A very expensive lesson learned here I'm merely just passing it along so nobody else gets screwed like I did.
  • jack0505
    11 years ago
    I am perfectly fine using a credit card at a strip club. I have protection against fraudulent transactions. Chase and American Express let you fill out the dispute online and submit it. If the credit card company identifies the charges as fraudulent, the merchant has no grounds to file suit against you for the money they lost due to engaging in fraud (if anything, the credit card company can have charges brought against those who committed the fraud.)
  • bjag625
    11 years ago
    Not the case with me. I have Lifelock and they call me if i charge anything out of the ordinary. I was in a furniture store buying a chair and they called me while I was still in the store to make sure it was legit. On the night I was at Cheetahs, there I was with both cards being charged left and right and not one freaking phone call. If they had called me while I was still in the club I would have been made aware of the fraud. Seven charges under "Times Square Restaurant" in a matter of two hours totaling over $1,800 and Amex or Visa doesn't question it? Why wasn't there a red flag? One card I used was Amex and they were more than willing to do chargebacks for all the charges I disputed until they received receipts, although they were definitely all forged. They automatically put the charges back on my card for whatever receipts they received, and if I wanted to dispute them further I would have had to open a fraudulent case, which would have meant closing my current account not to mention several months of who knows what paperwork and stress. I'm so f**ing pissed off right now that they came back to me for more money 1 1/2 years later. I'm even more pissed that I paid the scum bags. Extortion at it's best. Guys don't fucking give this place your business.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    I wish instead of warning us you would have seen them busted for fraud. If the receipts were actually forged then it would have been pretty open and shut.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "My golden rule is leave all credit/debit cards at home/in my hotel and only take as much cash as I am comfortable spending." Should be the Golden Rule for all Club visits!
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    I don't know bjag. I hear what you are saying, but even in NYC clubs they won't generally go as far as to forge signatures. Their usual MO is to get you drunk off your ass and then convince you, with hot stripper crawling all over you at that moment, to scrawl your signature on whatever they present. I'm sure that they were not the ones who pulled the second cc out of your wallet for you. Are you absolutely sure that you didn't sign those receipts? Truth be told I find it hard to believe that Cheetah or any other Manhattan club would commit fraud by forgery for an extra few hundred to 1,000 bucks. Do you know just how much money flows through that club on a given night? Anyway, just my two cents.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    How about if you have some sort of emergency on your way home and you are out of cash – perhaps the golden rule should be to leave the club once you spent what you planned on spending but still take your cc/debit card(s) for a non-pussy emergency.
  • bjag625
    11 years ago
    In hindsight I wish I would have taken them to court for fraud but like I said is it worth damaging my reputation and having my name out there? Besides how does one prove it wasn't my signature. I know it wasn't because my signature is barely legible but these were signed perfectly like the back of my credit cards. In other words they did a damn good job forging my signature but if you see any documents I sign you'd see it's completely different. Mistake #2 don't sign the back of your credit cards. I know my wallet was out of my ight for sometime. It was on the arm chair of the couch and then it mysteriously disappeared. I don't know for how long....I had a naked stripped hovering over me.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    If you need more cash Leave the club and find a BANK ATM. Even if it not your bank the fee will only be a couple of dollars and little chance of rip off. Cash only
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    bjag: They're call handwriting "experts" for a reason. They're really, really, really good at that sort of thing.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    its odd because I actually did read his reviews before he posted this. Just goes to show that you NEVER bring your plastic to a strip club. HARD CASH ONLY.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    I remember when I did my VIP at Diamond, the manager (it seemed) was really trying to egg me on to use a Credit Card and seemed put off when I said cash. I am super ultra cautious with my money and don't liked to haggled.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion