tuscl

Dancer Drinks ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
A while back I started a thread about dancer drinks.

I had mentioned I had been to a club (which I rarely visit) down here in Miami where every dancer kept pushing for a drink and then they would down them in a second. The dancer drinks were also $20 a pop – complete rip off – needless to say I have not been to that club since.

Been a bit bored lately and have been reading SW. Came across the following post on a SW thread:

“… I work at a club where most of your money is made off of drinks …”
(https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showth…)

Man – that is a sucky way of separating the PLs form their $$$. Seems some clubs put the PL against a corner sort of speak by using the dancers' pussy power to make the bulk of the club's money by having the dancers basically coerce the PL into buy multiple expensive drinks.

15 comments

• 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    Man $20 a drink...it better have been Cristal
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    And worse yet – I’ve heard that these “dancer drinks” may not even have alcohol in them – no way to know but I would not doubt it:

a) club would make almost 100% profit on the non-alcoholic drink

b) if the dancers are expected to drink all night and down them in a second – then there is a good chance they are non-alcoholic drinks?
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    Good looking out Papi...this is just another reminder of how scandalous the the stripper world is out there and for each of us to remember to shivel our heads on correctly
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    I concur. It's a shitty way of doing business, but in my experience most all clubs have a "lady's drink" procedure of some kind. Reasons for this are explained in my thread:

"Annoying Strip Club Practices – Part 1: “Wanna Buy the Lady a Drink?”
    Posted May 22, 2011. https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=1…

I rarely buy ladies drinks. The dancers I know know that I'd prefer to spend my money on dances, and they're okay with it. Many have said they prefer that. However in my experience the cost is usually $10. The Puget Sound Region Deja Vu clubs do that, but also have the option of buying the dancer a $20. drink.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    What if the drinks were delicious? Horchata or Tamarindo? Would it be different? I could go for a bionico at an sc any time. Maybe an ice cold paleta. Mmmmmmhhhhm.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Shot girls are another way of ripping you off. In my 2 favorite clubs the shot girls come around as soon as a dancer sits down with you and ask if you want to get a shot for the lady. And then they ask if you want a shot and if you'll buy me (shot girl) at shot. My dancer friends long ago told me that they HAVE to say "yes" when asked if they want a shot, and the shots given to the dancer will have low/no alcohol.

The shot girls will also imply that shots will make the dancer get wild in VIP. This is Detroit! The only way the dancers could get wilder in VIP is to swing upside down from the ceiling.
  • JohnSmith69
    11 years ago
    Clubs that try to make most of their $ from coerced drink sales are a pain in the ass. I find this to be much less of a problem than it used to be, probably because I am better at choosing good clubs. I avoid "buy the girl a drink" clubs. But if I accidentally find myself in one, there is an easy solution: "no." Only a truly PL gives into the pressure to buy a drink he doesn't want for a girl he could live without. I am there for nudity,
    contact, and extras and I will only buy alcohol for a girl if it helps me get those things and I'm not being pressured into it
  • Lionshare
    11 years ago
    Yea if a.girl asks for a drink right from the get go, I say fuck that and excuse myself from her.company. If a girl sits and talks without asking, I will buy her one once I decide it is warranted. Now if its a girl I already know I will byy her a drink right away, because we have that trust between us already.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Louisville clubs, with the exception of PT's and possibly Deja Vu, are rife with this practice. On even moderately busy nights, if you want to talk to a dancer for more than a couple of minutes, you *will* be buying either a dring or a dance, the latter being the same price as a drink foe one song. If you don't, you might as well leave.

That said, it's sometimes worth it, as it gives you a chance to discuss things a little more extensively than a lap dance's one song duration.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Where I live, the dancers have an 8 drink quota. That's bs. If I wanna buy you a drink, I will. You can keep on bugging but it won't help out. Poor waitress.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Papi,

I can't recall buying a drink for a dancer that I've not sampled myself. All contained alcohol, but that doesn't speak for all dancer drinks. I don't buy them drinks unless I already know them fairly well. That stops a lot of the BS!
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Why do strippers like to see the $20's going into drinks when they bitch about no money.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "by using the dancers’ pussy power to make the bulk of the club’s money by having the dancers basically coerce the PL into buy multiple expensive drinks."

Unless you're being ILLEGALLY restrained from leaving or ILLEGALLY compelled to buy drinks - there is no coercion Papi. Simply get up and leave. Patron's decide whether they buy beverages or NOT.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @gatorfan: Around here, the dancers *do* make money off the drinks. Usually in the neighborhood of 50%; sometimes more, sometimes less.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Almost all clubs will try to put you on the spot to “buy the lady a drink”.

The *particular* Miami SC I was referring in the OP was above and beyond the normal “buy the lady …” crap/hustle.

This club was along the lines of what gmd described – the dancers at this particular club seemed desperate for one to buy them a drink; almost as if they had a freaking gun to their head (they were pushing drinks more than dances) – and they would down the drinks in less than one minute instead of just chilling and enjoying their drink – wtf? Plus the drinks were 20 smacks.

The reason I posted the thread was based on the comment by the dancer on SW:

“… I work at a club where most of your money is made off of drinks …”

Got to thinking that there may be clubs whose main purpose may not be getting custies to buy LDs but getting them to buy overpriced drinks.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion