tuscl

Brooklyn 2AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
BROOKLYN — An unidentified man died after he was shot several times early Sunday while he was in the alley near Roxy's, a strip club in Brooklyn.

His identity was not released pending notification of his family. The shooting occurred at 3:45 a.m.

Police Chief Tony Tomlinson said he thought the victim had been shot four or five times. The unnamed victim died at Granite City Hospital.

Police believe the suspect fled in a vehicle on Illinois 3, Tomlinson said.

"Fairmont City police officers chased the vehicle and were able to get the Missouri license plate number," Tomlinson said. "A state-wide broadcast has been issued. And, we have asked St. Louis city police department to go by the address where the license plates are registered to."

11 comments

• motorhead
    11 years ago
    I thought you meant Brooklyn, as in the Brooklyn Dodgers.

Not Brooklyn, IL, as in East St Louis.

Murders in ESL area strip clubs are as common as strippers telling untruths.
  • rattdog
    11 years ago
    it just goes to show you how it's not very wise to stay out at 3-4 in the morning outside of places like these. a guy got slashed in brooklyn ,ny outside the club from one side of the waste to the other.
  • Player11
    11 years ago
    If you haven't hooked up by midnight then its time to get outta there. After that time nothing but gangsta kids looking for trouble....
  • gsv
    11 years ago
    All depends on the area. For Manhattan clubs which are open till 4am, things will generally stay very classy after midnight and only really start to become sketchier at the very late hours. But even then, it's usually just stupid kids coming in.

It is also to safe at Gallaghers in Queens until 4am if you want. But I can understand that some seedier clubs and areas will be less safe as the nights go on.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    A cluster of bars and strip clubs provide a primary source of revenue in its limited economy. In June 2007, it was reported that three-quarters of Brooklyn's revenue of $380,000 comes through sales tax and a $30,000 licensing fee from the adult clubs.[5]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklyn,_I…
  • sinclair
    11 years ago
    Brooklyn, Illinois is one ghetto town. Got to love guys saying in the reviews, "It's not that bad." You don't know how bad it is until a pint of blood is leaking out your body every minute.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Crime East Saint Louis National average
    Murder 101.9 5.6
    Rape 251.3 32.2
    Robbery 1,347.0 195.4
    Assault 5,847.3 340.1
    Burglary 2,442.8. 814.5
    Automobile theft 2,067.5 526.5

Crimes per 100,000 people
    These statistics are for East St Louis, which is just 2 miles from Brooklyn

I find the numbers staggering compared to the national average. I don't care good the ESL clubs are supposed to be. One would have to be a crazy MFer to visit one of those clubs, esp at night
  • mmdv26
    11 years ago
    I understand that even the gangsta's roll up their windows when they drive thru East Saint Louis, IL.

Brooklyn and Washington Park are not that bad during the day. After midnight is a whole different deal.

About 15 years ago I had just left Roxy's, and was on a side street going out to Route 3. I stopped at a stop sign, and a little 10 or 12 yo black kid comes running up to my truck and asks if I want to see his sister naked for $5. I told him I had to go, but maybe another day. He flipped me off as I was driving away. That's the kind of town it is tho, little brotha's helping out big sista's...or maybe it was his little sista:-(

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    Repeal the 2nd Amendment & confiscate and destroy all guns.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I doubt the residents of Brooklyn and ESL care too much either way what the Constitution says.

With the murder rate nearly 20 times the national average, I get the idea they don't care too much about the law (or the consequences).
  • DoctorPhil
    11 years ago
    “I doubt the residents of Brooklyn and ESL care too much either way what the Constitution says.

With the murder rate nearly 20 times the national average, I get the idea they don't care too much about the law (or the consequences).”

neither does alucard.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion