tuscl

Reservoir Dogs or My Blue Heaven?

When it comes to tipping, are you more like Mr. Pink or are you more like Vinnie Antonelli. Like Steve Martin's character, I believe in over-tipping. Whether I'm at a restaurant, hotel, taxi, barbershop, sc, etc., I often tip ahead, just so there's no misunderstanding. From my experience, it usually works to my advantage. What are your tipping habits, in general and in the sc?

3 comments

• jerikson40
    11 years ago
    Tip only if YOU want to, and only if you feel somebody went out of their way and did an excellent job (as in, EXCELLED) to serve you.

But DON'T tip just because someone EXPECTS you to tip them, and if you don't tip them they make you feel self conscious or provide crappy service. If you do tip under those conditions, you're just allowing them to manipulate you.

And DON'T make silly excuses to justify tipping someone, such as "oh, they only get paid minimum wage or less, so I'm obligated to compensate for a crappy employer".

And DON'T pre-tip just to make someone do their job. Again, you're allowing them to manipulate you.

I'm convinced that most people tip others solely to make themselves feel less self conscious, and so they allow others to manipulate them. The DJ derides guys for not tipping, and since it makes the guys feel uncomfortable they reach in their pocket and pull out some bills just to feel less self conscious.

Waitresses expect a tip, so rather than feeling self conscious and possibly getting nasty stares and behind your back comments people say "ah, what the hell, I'll just leave a tip".

Personally, when someone really impresses me and does an outstanding job, I'm over-generous because behavior like that is so welcome and uncommon. But when someone is going thru the motions, I don't give a damn what they expect, they ain't gettin' a tip no how.

• Lionshare
    11 years ago
    I tip well, but not too well. Sometimes Ill get excellent service from a driver, waitress, or stripper and I tip very well. I gave the hottie at Buffalo Wild Wings a $50 tip the other day. She was literally the best waitress ive ever had. She read my mind all night and brought me what I neede before I even asked. Gave her my card too in case she ever wants to get into the polo bussiness.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Ask him your self. :)

Mrpink's Profile
    Send Private Message to Mrpink Send Mrpink a Private Message
    Prop Mrpink Prop Mrpink

Reviews: 8
    Articles: 0
    Discussions: 6
    Comments: 45
    Pictures: 0
    Hotlist Clubs: 0