tuscl

OT: "The Retirement Gamble"Facing Us All

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
The thread title is the title of a Frontline program that is airing on PBS tonight (at least in my area).

Looks like it may be of interest to many of us.

The link below has a preview of the documentary as well as a link to when and where it airs in different cities.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/…

8 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Retirement" can be or may be a challenge to many unless they possess a bankroll like Art's. If he doesn't live beyond the means of his nest egg he should be comfortable. Many of the rest of us may not be so comfortable.

• jester214
    11 years ago
    Americans don't know how to save money. Until they learn retirement will always be a struggle for many.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    11 years ago
    My retirement package: Weekly lottery tickets and a .45 with a single bullet for when the pension/ social security WHATEVER runs dry. I'll check out the same way Cobain or Hemingway did
  • Lionshare
    11 years ago
    I imagine many growing up in this generation, and the 25-35 crowd probably wont retire. Many will work until they are put in a home or are physically unable to. Its just not going to be a possiblity for most people. Paychecks arent big enough and even if you save enough prepare to get it taxed to hell.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    I'm lucky enough to have hired in at my company while they still offered a pension 8 years ago. Most of today's young job seekers won't know what a pension is.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Too bad txtittyfan doesn't offer financial advice on this board anymore. Used to be highly profitable to listen to what he had to say - and then do the opposite. Nowadays it looks like he just gets paid to paint walls and lay new carpet.
  • Player11
    11 years ago
    As one gets close to early social savings sb 20pct of income. You dont want to be forced into early retirement due to say a job loss and then still have to contend w car payment and rent.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    I've retired so many times I'm starting to get pretty good at it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion