tuscl

Prostitution sting nets 30 arrests, including 17-year-old girl

JOHNSON COUNTY, KS (KCTV) -
A major prostitution sting netted 30 arrests in Johnson County, including a 17-year-old girl.

Authorities said it was a big and necessary operation.

"We've been doing an ongoing prostitution sting," said Master Deputy Tom Erickson with the Johnson County Sheriff's Office.

For three days the Johnson County Sheriff's office tried to take down people looking to participate in the oldest profession around.

"In this particular operation we're not only going after the prostitutes, but also after the Johns," Erickson said.

Undercover deputies posed as both solicitors and prostitutes during the operation. In the end, 30 men and women, including a 17-year-old, were arrested – 24 for solicitation and six for prostitution.

The arrests included 23-year-old Brittany Morris, who was formally charged with prostitution Friday afternoon.

Deputies said it was a lot of work and a very successful sting.

"The priority for prostitution is because of everything that comes with it and that's drugs and weapons. It's just not the prostitution piece itself, it's all the other crimes that come along with prostitution," Erickson said.

While the sheriff's office is keeping the details of the operation under wraps, authorities said the stings are crucial not just for those committing the crimes, but for anyone who might be caught up in a life they never planned to be a part of.

"We're also hoping through operations like this we are able to help some of the prostitutes who may be forced into this or have a pimp behind the scene," Erickson said.

Authorities said the stings will continue as long as prostitution in Johnson County continues to be a problem.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/21967235/pros…

6 comments

• canigetlaid
    11 years ago
    Wonder why Brittany was singled out
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Maybe she was the sheriffs daughter or something so the police singled her out.

It's nice to hear one part of the country has so little violent criminals the police can devote so much of their resources to people having concentual sex. In a tight budget situation though, it might look bad for them. I guess things are looking up in some areas. It's raining money on police budgets in some areas. With so much money in their budget I suggest they arrest every single drug user in their area along with anyone selling drugs. I think many crimes are committed by those looking to get money to either buy or sell drugs, not to buy or get sex. I heard drugs are more addictive but what do I know, I'm not in charge of fighting violent crime.

• mmdv26
    11 years ago
    Suburban area of Kansas City, Missouri, Johnson County is the wealthiest county per capita in the uber-republican State of Kansas. They don't have much violent crime and probably no streetwalkers. I'm sure this hookering is generated through Craigslist or the local adult lifestyle newspapers.

JoCo cops have little else to do except run speed traps and sex stings.

Two fairly lame topless strip clubs in the county: Bonita Flats Saloon and The End Zone.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Those fuckers need to get a real job
  • londonguy
    11 years ago
    "Authorities said it was a big and necessary operation." Presumably because they don't like the idea of mutually consenting adults enjoying themselves and people earning money without paying taxes ?
  • Experimental
    11 years ago
    They always assume the prostitutes are doing it because they are being force and are victims. It couldn't possibly be because they like the easy money, or need to fund a habit. Everybody's a victim according to the government..well excluding the adult white male.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion