tuscl

Really O.T. ... Used Car

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Friday, March 22, 2013 5:10 PM
I'm in the market for a used car – I'm looking at something at no more than 3 years old. Saw an ad on [view link] for a 2011 with only 3,800 miles. The ad shows a pic of the odometer and that is what it reads. Anybody know how a 2011 car can have such low mileage (besides the obvious of it being rolled back which no one would roll it back to *that* mileage) Any thoughts?

23 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    BTW – the used 2011 is being sold by a new car dealership – although the dealership in question is not of the same brand as the car.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Cum stains?
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Are you the one selling the car motor? :)
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    Someone died in the car and liquified over 5 weeks in the summer. An air freshened might help.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Great help and insight so far – thanks :)
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    That's what we're here for! :)
  • bigman226
    11 years ago
    It was a demo or it belonged to someone who died soon after purchase. Otherwise it's a lie
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    It belonged to a little old man who only drove it to the strip club on Sundays.
  • Monte8
    11 years ago
    Some people mostly drive an older vehicle to work and keep a newer one for special occasions (weekends, dates, etc.). I used to until I decided the extra insurance and upkeep wasnt worth it.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    First of all, if you believe the odometer really reads 3,800, then you've fallen for the used car salesman version of SS. OTOH, I can see how it could really read 3,800. My dad only drives his pickup two or three times a week, and it's never very far when he does. He probably drives it farther when it takes it to the dealer, about 15 miles away, for an oil change than he normally does in a week.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    I've seen it before. Looked at a vehicle in Fayetteville (military community) that had few miles due to the owner being sent elsewhere suddenly. Co-worker bought a Lincoln that was 7 or 8 years old from the estate of a dead relative, only had 21K on it. Relative was in 80's and only drove it once or twice a week. He also dinged the shit out of it. Possible.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I drove that many miles in the last 5 weeks
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Get the car-fax and it will tell you the registration history of the car and milkeage at each registration. You can sgn up on line and plug in the VIN and the Info will be sent to you.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Sorry 'mileage' and 'sign' typing to fast and not proofing.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    papi, I know you are in Florida, so watch out for a "rebuilt title". What this is (my daughter almost got caught on one), someone buys a totaled car from the insurance company or whoever, "fixes" it and gets a rebuilt title for it. The one we dealt with looked fine until we took it to my mechanic and put it on the rack. The entire underside was rust. My mechanic said it appeared it have been sitting in salt water for some time. BEWARE!
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    How about a 2011 F-150, 60,000km on the odometer, 4WD, crew cab, winch, meticulously maintained by the well known mechanic, farmerart. It has been a working truck so cab interior is well used and the box is kind of beat up. Hasn't seen much pavement in its life, mostly gravel roads and bush trails (hence the winch). Make me an offer.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    farmerart - I'll trade you my 1965 COCKSHUTT 1250 for it. :)
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    The last time I heard "cars and boners" mentioned in the same sentence was Bill Clinton reminiscing about his 1970 El Camino.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Sorry - wrong thread
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Well – it is a moot thread now – I called enquiring about the car today and it was supposedly just sold yesterday.
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    papi- Try [view link], see if their reports jibe with mileage.
  • xcav8r
    11 years ago
    On a newer car like that it is very hard to roll back miles. The miles are stored in the computer and cluster at a minimum. This means both have to be wiped and reprogrammed and that is difficult and costly. Not saying it can't be done but it can't be done by Cletus the gas station guy anymore.
  • endlesstempo
    11 years ago
    Is the car nice enough to be a "Sunday driver" type vehicle that only gets taken out once a week? Only in nice weather? That might be the case. (Just read that it was already sold as I was already typing up the post. That sucks.) Depending on what type of price range you're looking for though, you can probably still find a very decent car for not a lot of money at like a Hyundai or Scion dealership.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion