tuscl

Even North Dakota has 2 AMers.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
WILLISTON, N.D. - According to a detective with the Williston Police Department, one man was shot and killed outside of a Williston strip club very early on Saturday morning.

Detective Cory Collings says that a 28-year-old man was shot following a verbal argument with another man in front of Heartbreakers at 5 Main Street in Williston shortly before 1 a.m.

When officers arrived at the location of the shooting, the victim was found in the street. He died after being transported to Mercy Hospital in Williston.

Collings says a preliminary investigation report indicates that the victim had been in the strip club Whispers when he allegedly began arguing with the suspect.

The victim's friends reported they were leaving Whispers before the fight outside Heartbreakers, when the victim was shot.

The suspect fled on foot and remains at large this evening.

The suspect is being described as a white male in his 40s, with short, dirty blonde to brown hair.

He is believed to be about 5'9'' tall and between 160 to 170 lbs..

The Williston Police Department is asking that anyone with information about the incident call Crime Stoppers at (701) 572-8477.

7 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    Confiscate ALL GUNS!
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    12 years ago
    I'm somewhat surprised there isn't more violence in Williston .

Isn't that the usual pattern for a 'frontier boom town' ?
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Confiscate all GUNS?

Maybe just close those places, then there will be no longer a need for a gun!
  • crsm27
    12 years ago
    Ban guns in ND.... Now that is fucking funny right there.

Willston is a boom town full of a bunch of rough neck oil workers. I am surprised this has taken this long for it to happen. I mean lot of drugs, prostitution, and crime in that area because of boom. I mean people flocking to make quick money and lots of these workers are guys who don't want to be found if you know what i mean.

• pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    Wild Bill Hickock was shot in South Dakota. Of course it wasnt 2am. But he had been in the club all night before he was shot.

Historians believe he had FS with a dancer named Belle in the VIP.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    The popupation of North Dakota is now one less than it was.

Now it stands at 2999
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    I remember seeing a segment on a TV show about the Williston boom and how the local authorities are way understaffed and overwhelmed for the influx of people to the area, and the kind of people.

They stated how emergency services (fire, police, hospitals) where overwhelmed and even adequate housing was in extremely short supply.

The segment talked a lot about the skyrocketing violent crime rate (shootings, stabbings, robberies, rapes) which had been virtually non-existent prior to the boom.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion