tuscl

Customers who cry in their beer to strippers

chandler
Blue Ridge Foothills
I'm always hearing about these dudes from strippers. They're usually big spenders, probably paying for conversation. Then they spend their whole visit unloading about their personal troubles, usually a sad marraige. How much of this do you think (or do you know about) is healthy catharsis or therapy, and how much is a sign of a dangerous character who could drag a bunch of innocent people along in his downward spiral?

14 comments

• Doverman
    19 years ago
    On topic -- moving to top.
  • ShotDisc
    19 years ago
    trying to do the right thing
  • tropicalH2O
    19 years ago
    If a guy is crying too much some girls offer him a choice of pacifiers.

Some sadness is okay. The crap I can't stand to hear is complaining about some other women; a little bit of this is okay before the dance. If the guy is complaining about something in his past during your dance, I start hating what the guy is saying and start hoping that the DJ will hurry up and cut the songs shorter. I've only had one chronic complainer with a toxic attitude, I learned to spot him and avoid him.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    Here's one good way to get rid of a stripper not many have mentioned. Start talking about you have been having these dreams and go into some brief details such as using a machete etc etc. and soon the dancer will want to leave your table. If she doesn't, then watch out because she is crazier than you. Unless her bs meter already went through the roof. Your story telling is pretty bad if a stripper says loudly "You're lying!" It does seem amusing to hear that though.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I'm usually in a good mood when I go to strip clubs and just go to have fun. If a club or a dancer changes my mood from good to bad, that's when I give the club and/or dancer a bad rating and might not ever return. I guess there may be times when I want to tell a story and not worry about who I am telling it to. Of course if you get drunk and start spouting off all kinds of stories and hear about them the next visit, you can just say the dancer got you mixed up with someone else or claim that was a storyline you thought about writing about but never did so far (just say it was all fiction of course).
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    In my experience it's usually the other way around, the girls pissing and moaning about their problems to customers they know well. I've backed away from more than one girl I knew because of that.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Thanks, Yoda. I realize there's a lot of that. A fave tells me about one guy who really disturbs her, he's so desperate to vent, sharing private things that you wouldn't reveal even in total anonymity. She's wanted to break off from his patronage, but she fears the chance that he would spread shit about her or worse. So, I started the topic to see if anyone knew of cases where these guys showed a dark side. I guess not.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Well, I wouldn't say none of them ever shows a dark side either. I just thinks it's a minority. A dark side can be simple jealousy if they start building false hopes about the dancer or it can be full blown stalking. I've heard a few stories including a current fav who had a regular research her background including hiring a private investigator to follow both her and her boyfriend. Was he crying in his beer? I don't know, I think the dividing line between customer and "woe is me" regular is a little sketchy sometimes.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Sometimes it's easier to talk to a semi-total stranger about your problems. If the dancer is willing to listen (either for money or just because she likes the guy) I don't see any harm in it. This sort of thing is what brings a lot of regulars into clubs. Loneliness takes on many forms. SC's are how some guys escape this. As long as the customer understands the reality of his surroundings it's not a big deal. Just another facet of SC'ing. It's not just about tits and grinds.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Oh, and as for the blabbing, I think there is always the risk of being seen by someone you know, but in most cases the fact that they were there also insulates you. Someone who doesn't care anymore probably is a bigger risk.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Chandler, the first comment was just to poke a bit of fun, no offense intended. I was curious about why the question, now I understand.

In my experience most people knew who the ones on the downward spiral were and avoided them, which probably accelerated that spiral. I've seen and broken up a few fights, tossed or cut off a few, but other than that there is very little to be done. At a certain level you have to insulate yourself. The biggest problem I'd see is that such characters are likely to poison some dancer attitudes. I know I got a little callous after too many tales of woe.

I agree that the potential for recipricol damage is there. Some of these poor souls are desperate to pull someone into their world, just for some company on the way down. I don't see how the average clubber could be drawn in other than if a favorite dancer somehow gets involved, but that is more an aspect of protecting yourself from potential stripper shit as discussed on a seperate thread.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    AN, you're right. I worded it poorly. I didn't mean to ridicule anyone or ask what gives these guys the right. My main concern is with the last part of my question. I wonder whether anyone who so freely blabs to a stripper might be a risk to blab about others at the club he knows. I have a couple of particluar cases in mind where, if the guy is unstable and turns desperate, the collateral damage could claim a few victims. I'd overlooked, AN, that your bartending experience might lend an insight.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Chandler, I thought this was a davids post when I first read the title. Then the post seemed to back that up.

Short story is that people go for all kinds of reasons. If a guy wants to cry in his beer and spill his guts it's none of my buisness. I am pissed off and stressed out when I go sometimes, and I like to get cheered up. How does that affect anybody else? When I was bartending I saw a few people on a downward spiral and plenty who just needed to blow off steam. A few even wanted to spill their guts to me. I don't think crying in the beer and talking about problems to strangers is unique to strip clubs. The difference is that they can get a hot naked woman to listen to their problems rather than a genial but large and hairy bartender.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Sounds like you speak from experience. Here's a clue, loser: Strippers don't give a fuck about your problems. While you cry they are going think "how can I use this to hook the sucker for big bucks?"
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion