tuscl

Damn!

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
LOS ANGELES (KTLA) Police Sunday were investigating an apparent dispute outside a Downtown L.A. strip club that ended with two men losing legs after a car rammed into them.

The incident began as a brawl inside of Sam's Hofbrau strip club at Olympic and Alameda, police said.

One of the men involved, an African-American in his 50s, who witnesses said appeared to be intoxicated, allegedly got behind the wheel of a white BMW and accelerated toward the two Hispanic men, according to police.

The BMW struck the men, as they stood in front of a Mini Cooper, pinning them. The force of the impact severed both of one man's legs and at least one leg from the other man.

Police arrested the driver of the BMW, who faced attempted manslaughter and DUI charges, among others.

Police were continuing their investigation.

5 comments

• crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    If aluretards theory on guns is correct we should ban cars too
  • umissedaspot
    12 years ago
    Think before you post. We already do regulate cars a lot more strictly than guns.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    Sam's has two entrances/exits. One is into the valet parking lot and I doubt a car could get going very fast. The second is onto a very narrow sidewalk on a quite busy and straight street. This is likely where the incident happened.

And it is true, at least in the US there are a lot of requirements (license, registration, insurance, safety testing) that we put on auto ownership that we do not put on gun ownership. And yet nobody seems all that worried about government conspiring to take away our right to drive.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    I am.
  • SketchinGuy
    12 years ago
    Probably because we do not have any right to drive, at least not as specified in the Constitution. Driving is a privilege. Even the idea of basic rights has its drawbacks but that's for another thread.

SCs do seem to attract trouble every so often. There's been at least one shooting at a club in my town since moving here. The incident in the OP had to be racially motivated; I've heard how Blacks & Chicanos don't get along more often than not.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion