tuscl

Spearmint Rhino Detroit Rumor

Detroit248
Estado de Mexico
Sunday, February 24, 2013 1:37 PM
I posted about this before and was searching online for an evidence to corroborate my claim. Local news reporting the same rumors. [view link]

20 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    I'm interested in additional info.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    Thanks for the link. It does not confirm the rumors but it did provide a picture of the new place. It looks nice.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    As a customer I welcome more choices and more competition. But I wonder how the Spearmint Rhino expects to differentiate itself from the 63 other strip clubs in the area.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "But I wonder how the Spearmint Rhino expects to differentiate itself from the 63 other strip clubs in the area" [Sarcasm] ENTIRELY clothed Air Dances!!! LOL
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I like variety and like to visit a lot of different SCs – but can a very large # of SCs in an area actually water down or spread the talent out a bit thin among all the different clubs?
  • silkypants
    11 years ago
    "According to online sources," Samsung that guy is ripping you off. TUSCL is his source and he didn't provide any additional information.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    ^^^ That mother fucker! Fetch me my torch and stake.
  • clevelandbrowns69
    11 years ago
    Christie's Cabaret is a popular chain in Ohio (3 locations in OH). I wonder if they will expand to the Detroit area. I think they could differentiate from the other strip clubs in the area by having a full nude stage show. They would not be allowed to serve alcohol but I don't go clubbing for the beer I go for the ladies!
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    @ Papi and Jackslash: I now know what too much competition is like. Here in Seattle, Deja Vu took over two strip clubs previously under a different ownership. I sense that the Vu corporation regrets that. Neither club is doing well. The total number of dancers at all of their eight clubs in the Puget Sound Region has dropped continuously in the past 18 months, perhaps indicating that there is a limited number of dancers that can make a living in this region (given the limited fun offered at the clubs here. Detroit is certainly a different story). With 63 clubs already in the Detroit area, I too, wonder what they'll have to do to make themselves noticed in the vast sea of strip clubs there.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    The Vu and their business practices are pretty hard on dancers. Lots of nickel and diming and such bullshit. I am sure they are chasing dancers away much faster than lack of customers.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    A post on TwoSheds claims the owners are a group of "Chaldeans" Yeah, I had to look that up, and still not sure what that is
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    @motorhead, Chaldeans?.....I have not encountered that word in years. My haphazard reading of ancient history led me to believe that the Chaldean Empire was located at the top of the Persian Gulf, sort of where Irag, Iran, and Kuwait come together, the marshes and deltas of the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers as it were. Does my elderly memory agree what you found when you looked it up? Talk of Chaldeans on tuscl?.......I can't believe it!!
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    lol thanks for the acknowledgement silkypants
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Chaldeans are a middle eastern people from what is now Iraq. The Detroit area (especially Dearborn) has a large middle eastern population including Chaldeans. Many strip clubs here are owned and operated by middle easterners. Dancers tell me that these owners are even bigger pigs than most owners.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Good memory Art. That agrees with what I looked up
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    You've got your head in the sand if you're from Detroit and don't know what a Chaldean is. I think they should keep the old name "Michigan Fun Center" when they open the strip club.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "Dancers tell me that these owners are even bigger pigs than most owners" Swinehood is a requirement for ownership??!!
  • Electronman
    11 years ago
    Another club on 8 Mile? Great! Too much of a good thing is never enough. If the new club is operated by a national chain, I hope the club provides a better entertainment value than Hustler where corporate management is trying to market less entertainment for higher prices.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "I hope the club provides a better entertainment value than Hustler where corporate management is trying to market less entertainment for higher prices" Some actual real Business sense wiuld be welcomed.
  • tttclub
    11 years ago
    Simply put, Chaldeans are middle eastern Christians. In the Detroit area, you can't ignite a car bomb without hitting a few. They are everywhere. Bad choice of words?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion