NFL

Now that the season is over and we can look back on the NFL season what do you think of the overall officiating?
The Super Bowl officiating was horrible. I did't care about either team playing so I was equal in my critique. The over all calling of the games that I watched was terrible and did not markedly improve when the "pros" returned. (But always remember that the best place to watch any game is through the legs of a girl on stage) I was in a club in Reno that had rabid fans both dancers and patrons. Do you go to the club to watch the game or do you not like the distactions. Platinum Showgirls in Toledo for football nights you picked a team, got a hand stamp and got a shot when your team scored. A high scoring game made for a wild night.

4 comments

• GoVikings
    12 years ago
    "The over all calling of the games that I watched was terrible and did not markedly improve when the "pros" returned."

You really couldn't tell that much of a difference when the real zebras returned? That's surprising. They aren't perfect, but there was clearly an improvement.

The one thing people who complain about the zebras need to realize is, the NFL is a 9 billion dollar business and has the best qualified people to do the job.
  • crsm27
    12 years ago
    i could definatley tell the difference. But the beginning you could tell the regulars were rusty.

People have to realize the speed of the game. Try officiating sometime. Do a youth game....then a 7th and 8th grade game....then do JV game....and if you are certified to a varsity high school game. You see how the speed continues to grow....then just think of the pros....the best of the best. YOu do miss calls. Remember they don't have slow mo or 10 different angles. They have two eyes.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I don't think
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    I always say, don't leave the game in the hands of an official. The Niners fans bitching about the last call, I say don't get down 28-6. Don't let a guy go back 108 yards on a kick off. Stop the Ravens on third down late and get off the field. Are there times when an officials call can change momentum? Yes. But there are usually other opportunities for a team to control their own destiny within a game. Blaming officials is a convienient way to deflect blame from mistakes by the team.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion