tuscl

meaning of Topless and nude for a strip club

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:53 PM
I wondered what is the definition of topless or nude for a strip club? I have been to a lot of nude strip clubs in Atlanta. The dance on stage are supposed to be nude. But sometimes it is only topless. Maybe because the dancer did not get enough tip? The lap/table dance and VIP are all nude. I have never been to a topless club yet. But I think the stage dance is topless. What about the lap dance and VIP in a topless club?

15 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Basically in a topless only club the bottoms always stay on. That may not be the case in private dance rooms depending on the dancer.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    In Michigan, clubs that serve alcohol cannot have full nudity on stage. So dancers only remove their tops on stage. But in VIP the dancers will get naked--or so I've been told.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    High quality question.
  • inno123
    11 years ago
    If the establishment does not have a liquor license then only the laws regarding public indecency and prostitution apply. These are enforced by local law enforcement and prosecutors, who may jurisdiction by jurisdiction have different priorities regarding vice enforcement. If club serves alcohol then in addition to the above it it has to have a state liquor license of the appropriate type and the state has regulations regarding what can go on in establishments with that kind of liquor license, those are enforced by a state agency (name varies by state). BYOB clubs depend on one word of the state law. If the state law regulates where alcohol is 'consumed' then there is no point in a BYOB club. If the law regulates where alcohol is 'sold' or 'served' a BYOB place is the same as a non-liquor club. PLUS many cities and counties have passed Adult Oriented Businesses license rules. Often these have to do with minimum distances from the club to churches, homes, schools, parks, etc and any other Adult Business. Sometimes they also place restrictions on the design and behavior of the club. For example the Colorado Springs City AOB rules specify a minimum six foot distance and that all tips be placed in a marked tip box and not given to the dancer (no surprise there are no clubs within the city boundaries). These rules are enforced by the City Building Department on a complaint basis and can result in revocation of the business and/or occupancy permit.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    Most of my clubbing has been in three states: CA, NV, and WA. Generally, in all three of those, if a club is advertised as "nude," or "topless", that only refers to what level of clothing the dancers may go down to while on stage. If customers observe less than that amount of clothing being removed, it's probably just a lazy dancer. As for lap dances, generally, nude clubs will offer nude lap dances. Topless clubs only allow bikini dances. Some exceptions apply. Here in WA, even though the clubs are advertised as nude, bikini lap dances are all that are permitted (but higher mileage dancers can find ways to at least flash). Distance requirements may also apply as inno mentioned, above.
  • pabloantonio
    11 years ago
    Dancers who dance without a top are topless. Dancers who dance without any clothes are nude. What a dancer wears on stage, or in the VIP depends on the club rules and/or her rules.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Down here in Miami, the SCs are “nude” but is not all nude per se. The dancers will get totally nude (topless, bottomless, and often clueless :)) when dancing on stage or giving table dances – but are required to have their bottoms on when giving lap dances. With table dances, they are not allowed to sit/grind on you but with lap dances it is full two-way contact (of course the VIP/CR is a completely different situation).
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    NUDE means no clothes TOPLESS means boobies exposed
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Usually topless means you won't ever see a dancers pussy in the club. Nude means you might see it on certain songs or certain locations in the club depending upon club rules or how eager the dancers are to strip down.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    Often dancers won't get fully naked onstage in nude clubs either because they haven't received any stage tips, or the tips that do get they don't think is enough. Happens quite often, especially if the club isn't very busy and/or no one is tipping.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    May clubs that allow nude dancing will require the dancers take it all off at least on stage.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Nude means totally naked
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    One thing I despise about some clubs is the fact that they may be "nude" clubs, but they do not automatically have nude stage dances. It's often because there is a lack of tipping, but personally, I think it's either stupid or lax management, possibly a sign of inmates running the asylum. As much as I dislike the one nude club close to home, at least there is a guarantee of nudity onstage there. FWIW, not all nude clubs have nude lap dances. In fact, when I was new to this hobby, I used to be surprised there were any places which did allow it, but now that I've been around some, I'm not surprised anymore. As for topless places, they only officially offer topless lap dances, but sometimes, some dancers like to show more, anyway.
  • igloo9999
    11 years ago
    In the state of Ohio, the law says that if you serve alcohol it must be bikini dancing only. Some clubs have pushed this with pasties while serving alcohol. Only juice and BYOB clubs are allowed to show anything at all. That being said, a lot of clubs in this area allow nipple flashes and a few allow open topless while giving LD. Some allow kitty flashing as long as it's discreet. In this area, the nude bar I have visited had the girls get full nude on stage and in VIP, but only topless with kitty flash for LD. Since topless would also be classified as 'nude', in Ohio, we are limited to bikini & nude.
  • berge1
    11 years ago
    "Descreet Kitty flashing" ? You've got to be kidding me? N
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion