tuscl

Brazilian prostitues prepare for the World Cup.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Footballers and soccer fans aren't the only ones gearing up for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil. All across the country, business people, including local prostitutes, are preparing themselves for what's sure to be a huge influx of English-speaking tourists come June 2014.

CNN reports that prostitutes in the Brazilian city of Belo Horizonte have been lining up this week for free English classes, offered by the regional Association of Prostitution. The classes, which will be held in March of this year, are expected to attract at least 300 women from the prostitution business, which is legal in Brazil.

In a conversation with CNN, the president of Belo Horizonte's Association of Prostitution, Cida Vieira, said that many private-sector businesses across Brazil are preparing their workers for the Cup, and seeing as prostitution is a legitimate business in Brazil, she said she believes her association should do the same.

Vieira also said that English would be an important asset for prostitutes in negotiating prices and, of course, during other industry-specific transactions.

8 comments

• stenton1
    12 years ago
    That's priceless information! You hit any club in the NY, NJ or PA areas, and the Brazilians, more often than not, give the highest mileage.
  • mikeya02
    12 years ago
    I guess English really is the language of money!
  • dalex
    12 years ago
    Love Brazilians.

• jester214
    12 years ago
    Didn't they say pros flocked to South Africa for the world cup too and then it turned out there wasn't that much business for them?
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Good luck in not getting AIDS.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Wait I thought the entire country was prostitutes?
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    “… In a conversation with CNN, the president of Belo Horizonte’s Association of Prostitution …”

We should have an association like that in the U.S.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    I'm with papi on this one.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion