tuscl

Are strippers Independent Contractors or Franchisees?

Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:08 AM
Independent Contractors (ICs) set their own prices. Franchisees must follow prices set by Franchise Corporation. Independent Contractors are paid directly by the corporate entity hiring the IC. Franchisees are paid directly by the customer and must pay fees to the corporate entity. Those are just two examples. Legally, I think strippers must fall into one of these categories. Trying to entangle the dancers in both camps will bring about legal problems.

8 comments

• daddysgirl1
    11 years ago
    They're IC's for the "legal term" of it.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Ask the IRS what they are. LOL
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I saw something on MSN the other day about declining restaurant franchises. I was surprised to see Blimpie Subs in the top 10 in decline. Something like 60% of the franchises have closed. IMO, I prefer Blimpies much more than Subway. But Subway advertises more.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    Strip clubs generally seem to treat their dancers as either independant contractors or as employees and at different times depending upon which is to the club's economic advantage.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Just like they are "Dancing for tips."
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    It already has created multiple legal problems. The simple fact is it there is no perfect legal label that works for both parties. If clubs allowed dancers to act as true IC's then clubs would be in shambles. The dancers don't want to put up with the rules that would go with being employees.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Ask the IRS where Alutard got all that cash in the pic that dalex found,boy you got issues.
  • dalex
    11 years ago
    IC we all should be handing out 1099s at end of the year.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion