tuscl

Looking For Suggestions For A Club In/Near Baltimore...Not On The Block

trpterp
District of Columbia
Friday, January 4, 2013 8:54 PM
Hello TUSCLers... On short notice, I am going to be travelling through the Baltimore area tomorrow evening, coming from the north. I am looking for any recommendations for a club preferably on the Route 40 corridor between Edgewood and White Marsh. I really don't want to go into downtown if possible. I was willing to consider the Dundalk-area clubs on North Point Blvd. but the reviews here were not that exciting. And the $40 first timer entry fee at Players Club is a dealbreaker there. I'm looking for a mix of dancers and a mix of patrons. And I don't want to break the bank. Timeframe would be early evening around 8 p.m. for a couple of hours max. Non-smoking would be a plus. From the reviews it seems like Haven Place or Tony's Place has the kind of vibe I'm looking for. But I'm open to consider any/all suggestions. Thanks.

5 comments

• busta_nut
    11 years ago
    only two would be the Gentleman's Gold Club just down from Players Club or Exscape near White Marsh. Haven and Tonys are more in the city than you think. Nothing in Dundalk.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    Geographically Escape is the only thing I see that's close to White Marsh / Edgewood. If Players isn't an option, then Gold Club is probably the next best in the 40-895 area. However, Gold Club is $30/LD, I'm pretty sure there's a strict no cell phone policy, and bouncers can be on the uptight side.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    11 years ago
    Due to MD state law, most clubs are very good about enforcing no indoor smoking. Haven, Tony's, and Sherrie's are in the city, but they're all an easy 5 minute drive past Gold Club, so I wouldn't rule them out on travel basis. I'm not sure on the type and level of LDs you're looking for. Gold Club: Upscale club, $30 LDs, tops-on, no touching. No cover before 7 or on Sundays. Players: No-frills BYOB club. Absolute best LDs at $30 for full length songs. If LDs are important to your visit, then the $40 cover is worth it. Haven: Nice tavern vibe, no LDs available. Nice place to have a drink, watch dancers, tip them and have a little chat, maybe watch a game on TV too. The owner has been known to have a couple of cigarettes indoors. Tony's: Very divey. Mediocre, over-priced urban-style LDs. Sherrie's: Block-style drink hustle, though not sure of the drink milage. All clubs above are Baltimore City and stage dances are usually nude. All clubs below are Baltimore County and stage dances are usually pasties. Excape: I was unimpressed. The two times I've been there: Lackluster 30 second stage dance, then the girls hopped off stage and spent the next 3 minutes of their "dance" doing a tip walk. No LD info. Crazy Russian: More burlesque than stripclub. No LDs. Dundalk clubs: Pasties, no real LDs. OK for a drink if you're driving past, but don't go out of your way.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    11 years ago
    Just curious trpterp: Where did you end up? What did you think?
  • trpterp
    11 years ago
    IIGBD: Not owning a GPS I ended up getting lost :( I'm not from up that way & don't know my way around Harford Co./Balt. Co. to well esp. at night. I ended up at Showcase in Beltsville which is my "go to" SC. I recommend it if you're in PG.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion