tuscl

Anonymous Christmas Greetings

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Yesterday, I received a Merry Christmas text message from an unknown person, but from the area code I suspect it must be an ex-ATF that I have not spoken to in over 2 years.

Should I:

(a) ignore it
(b) ask to meet up again
(c) text her back with "leave me alone bitch"
(d) post her number on TUSCL
(e) let bygones be and text back Merry Christmas

19 comments

• Lone_Wolf
    12 years ago
    (e) let bygones be and text back Merry Christmas
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    That depends on what you want.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Share the contents here on TUSCL so we have more info to better advise you with. :-) (my first inclination is the "go away, bitch!" response.)
  • big_d_2011
    12 years ago
    This time of year I would go with option E.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    What do *you* want to do? If the "ex" part of ex-AT is the *good* part, then that probably answers your question. If, on the other hand, it was a reasonably amicable parting of the ways, and there's no overriding reason to avoid her, I might do an (e), along with something on the order of "I don't recognize the number, who is this?"
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    A, or if you're feeling the 'holiday spirit' E.
  • sclvr5005
    12 years ago
    (d).
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    (a)
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    I would be concerned about what desertscrub said. But if you are not worried about it I would reply back "who is this?" If she thinks you are an easy mark, that will be a blow to her ego.
  • Playcity
    12 years ago
    I'd go with (e)
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    I vote for E. If it was a good ATF.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    In the past, I’ve received “Merry Christmas” messages in error during this time of year.

A lot of folks will send out mass “Merry Christmas” texts to cell #s they have in their contacts lists. The texter may have been sending the message to someone that had your cell # prior to you having it or the texter may have entered the wrong #? I would imagine if the texter was a dancer trying to re-hook up w/ you – she would have made it more explicit – or maybe it was a former dancer whom appreciated you as a customer and genuinely wanted to just wish you a Merry Christmas?

But if it was a dancer you knew previously, my first inclination would be to let the past be the past. But, like life, dancers can also be like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get.

If it was a dancer and she was “eager” to re-hook up w/ you – her “eagerness” could be a good thing – only one way to find out if this was the case I would take the chance if it was someone that still turned me on.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I did all of that. It doesn't work.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    Text back, asking to borrow money.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    So what did you do?
  • GCMan
    12 years ago
    All ex ATF are nutso. Don't even respond.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I think Ermita Nights had the best answer.

But I just ignored it
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    Ignore the message. It's a hustle.
  • jestrite50
    12 years ago
    (e)

I got one too and since I had delated all my old ex's I had no idea which one. I just replied Merry Christmas same as she sent me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion