tuscl

A Bad Seed?

Just finished watching the 1950's version of "The Bad Seed", where the genetic proclivity towards murder is portrayed vs it being environmentally caused.

What about 2nd generation Strippers? Is there a genetic proclivity towards dancing or is it environmental?

16 comments

• Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    I'm guessing environmental/nurture. Although addiction can be hereditary.

I'll check out Bad Seed. In foxes, at least, 'wild' aggression is genetic. --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbcwDXhug…
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    What about the often less than top notch Baby Daddies and the "quality" of their seed?
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Nonsense, they are evolving to be the greatest stripper... whether it is a long life is to be seen. Evolution is messy like that.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I will wait for the remake.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Is your psychoness and retardation due to genetic or upbringing, alutard, or is it a combination of both?
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I don't know how you can separate genetics vs environment.

A former favorite of mine's mother was a career dancer. Never gave it up until she was 51 or 52. She had two daughters. Guess what? Both are dancers. My former fave is heading down the same path. She is at 13 years dancing and still at it.

Dancing was all the kid's knew. They hated their mom and vowed they would never dance but still ended up being exactly like her.
  • harrydave
    12 years ago
    The typical stripper has a relatively poor education, a propensity for smoking, drinking or drugs, 1 or 2 young kids, and a decent looking body. I make genetics as a big factor in one of those, and environment dominant in the others. But who knows? Maybe we should be more organized about how we collect genetic material during our visits.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    "I don't know how you can separate genetics vs environment."

You could run an experiment. Find some twin baby girls, abduct them and have one raised by religious fanatics and the other by strippers. If they both become strippers you know it's genetic. If only the one raised by strippers becomes a stripper, it's environmental.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    My current ATF's mother is an occasional dancer, although whether she danced regularly before that, I don't know. I remember on one of my Kansas road trips, I met a girl who danced at a club her mother danced at (and still bartended at), so for those, it's genetic. OTOH, my ATF has a tendency to talk about her sister, who has "real accomplishments", whatever that means, which I take to mean she isn't a dancer, so maybe it's the recessive gene.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Might well be a combination of both.

With 1 dancer I know the cycle of unwed teenage pregnancy have a multiple generation history.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    I thought that was what Juice was doing - spreading the seed!
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    It could be as in any other profession. Sometimes children will follow in the career steps of their parents (i.e. doctors, accountants; etc.), and sometimes not.

Psychologists will say there are both genetic and environmental factors w.r.t. the decisions we make. But they may argue on which is more predominant. Last reference I heard stated that genetics may be 20% of the reason for our actions/behaviors with 80% our environment or our own decision making.
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    In some cases a child will follow the only career he/she has been exposed to by parents. It has been a long tradition in Detroit for sons and nephews to follow fathers and uncles into auto assembly jobs--when they were available in the good old days. Why wouldn't a woman follow her mother or aunt into dancing, if that is all she has been exposed to and it appears to be an easy way to make a living. Genetic? I doubt it.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I believe that alutard is a retarded seed.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    The big human brain means women's hip bones have a big space between them for the baby's head to fit through. Thus women cannot run so fast, so they cannot hunt well. Thus, evolution has given women the instinct to use sex to get men to help take care of them. They want men to help take care of them the whole month, not just when they are most fertile, so women have lost the clear fertility signals that are the norm among animals that reproduce sexually. Modern forms of sex work are the most naturally instinctive behavior for a women. It allows her to get help from any man, but still have total control over which men impregnate her. The environmental factors that STOP hot women from stripping are:

1) Outdated social mores.
    2) SOs who doubt that a stripper would really be committed to them, want them to be the father of her children.
    3) Fucked-up guys with sick impulses to hassle/threaten/harm women who work in adult entertainment.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    This is all a bunch of nonsense. Nothing had changed since Altamira.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion