Happy Birthday Mr. Spielberg!

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Today (December 18) is the birthday of the greatest filmmaker of my generation - Steven Spielberg.

From the riveting and terrifying made for TV movie "Duel" that I watched in my high school days, to "Jaws", a film I never tire of, to "Lincoln", I am in awe of his talent.

Happy Birthday sir!

8 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    Too bad he doesn't allow audio commentary on his film's discs. Great filmmaker.
  • looneylarry
    12 years ago
    mh, I thought "Duel" was a great film and every so often when I am out on the open road and a truck gets aggressive, I start to think of sweating, frantic Dennis Weaver. I mean the guy tried everything to avoid a conflict and this faceless trucker kept coming back. Chilling.

You can almost recognize a Spielberg film by the close-up shots.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I'm glad to see amother fan of Duel. I hope some of the younger people get a chance to watch it. With very little dialogue, the entire movie is a tense exercise in fear.

I think one of his best efforts.
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    Saw "Lincoln" twice. Great film.
  • snowtime
    12 years ago
    Glad to hear the positive comments on "Lincoln". I am planning on taking my 95 yr. old father to see it over the holidays.
    Motorhead. I think you might enjoy my little experience with a Speilberg movie. I am in the antique prop rental business. Back in the 80's when Speilberg was filming "Back to the Future" I got a call from his set decorator looking for an authentic Budweiser neon window sign. I am in Atlanta, but I had one and they wanted it. It was Thanksgiving day and I had to crate it and take it to the airport to ship it out for Friday arrival. The interseting thing is that the neon sign shows up at the end of the street where the car takes off. It appears as only an orange glow in a bar window. He probably knew that it would never be recognizeable, yet went to all that trouble to make the scene authentic. I have worked om many movies since then, but no one has ever gone to that much trouble to get it right.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    JAWS
  • georgebailey
    12 years ago
    Spielberg's brilliant. But in an ordinary sort of way. He just gets it. 'Schindler's List' tore me apart.
    We share the same birthday, 12/18.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Happy birthday sir!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion