tuscl

Read Book "Confessions of a Stripper" Meh

Sunday, December 16, 2012 8:19 AM
This was weak very weak. It took me a few hours to read it and I am sure glad I did not pay for this. I kept waiting to read some great stories that were hopefully sexy, and to hear some great insights into strip club lore. Did not happen. Then it had a section titled "Tales from the VIP room" this had to be be the good, stuff righ? No just more of the same crap. Stupid stories about stupid men asking for strange fetishes. Boooring! Basically she tells you she is really beautiful and has a hot body, and all the guys are after her all of the time. And she started stripping to regain her self esteem. I think this is where the interesting part ended. From this point on she talks about how every customer is just an ATM, and she needs to drain them dry while she maintains her dignity and self respect. But she really does like them. Just about everyone she talks about is in a pejorative way. Managers, dancers, bouncers, waitresses, bartenders, etc. except of course her. She is is this pure, objective creature somehow floating above all of this debauchery. In fact you would think she is a virgin by reading this ebook. And all the while she claims she was one of the highest money earners, with lots of regulars! This makes it boring. According to her, she never did anything lewd or even sexy in the VIP rooms, no one ever touched her, if they did she would get all of their money and have them bounced out. Even though she supposedly traveled to places like New Jersey, Atlanta, Florida, and LA. I don't know about you guys but when I see a traveling dancer that usually means extras. She barely mentions extras or even the other girls that do them. What would have made this book interesting would have been stories about her, and what she really did. And if she truly did not do anything in the VIP room then she should not be writing this book. I think she is trying to erase from her life what she did in the VIP room. She is trying to somehow expunge this period from her life, by writing a book that cleans it all up.

17 comments

• Dougster
    12 years ago
    I'm with you. Books by strippers are always lame and, as jerikson pointed out in another thread, the ones who post here, invariably just scratch the surface of what things are really like in that underworld. It's seems like they all have a "rehabilitate strippers' public image" agenda, which they must think is noble, or maybe it's "shatter the sterotype". Too bad it comes at the expense of the truth, namely every sterotype is more-or-less true.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I guess the exception would be KK, who was posting some good material. Too bad she didn't stick around longer!
  • Revo
    12 years ago
    Besides I saw her picture. Not that great. Maybe a 7 head. Don't know about her body.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Thanks for the book review. It saved me from reading it.
  • harrydave
    12 years ago
    I had the inside scoop on the stripper side of the business for about 5 years. The real stuff included: - jealousy - pettiness - theft - prescription drug abuse - illegal drug abuse - drunkenness - outright lazyness - poor personal hygiene - gang behavior - racism - fights - endless whining - occasional acts of kindness, generosity or charity And this was at one of the top clubs in the US. A well managed place with a stable stable of girls. :-)
  • sclvr5005
    12 years ago
    A stripper writing a book would no doubt talk up her own hotness and claim no extras were ever given. Whether in the clubs or in a book just more SS.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    It's nit exactly smart either, because the salacious truth would certainly sell better. Guess even a delusion that they have a semblance of reputation is more important to them than admitting they are whores.
  • Revo
    12 years ago
    You would think this chick is some sort of beautiful angel just doing a good clean job and of course making lots of money. She said in her first 4 day week of stripping she made $1700 and no extras. Right" just more SS.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    That's not huge coin for 4 days. Alot of guys want to give the new girl a spin immediately to see what part of the mileage map she is on. Not exactly a great idea, IMO. Give them a bit of time to get corrupted. Shouldn't take long - maybe a couple o' weeks. :-)
  • Player11
    12 years ago
    The book sounds like a ss propoganda piece. Any stripper making 1700 in one day has to be doing extras.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    The Ron jeromy biography is fuckin insane
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    When does the juiceman's biography come out?
  • Lone_Wolf
    12 years ago
    Sounds just the BS found on stripperweb.
  • minnow
    12 years ago
    Revo: Did you review the "book" ? I didn't have a kindle download, so I read a couple of previews on the links ~ 20/40 pgs., resp. Could easily be a diary of any self-absorbed adolescent princess. Enough stereotypes in that sample to last a novel. Where in book is her pic ? Player, that was $1700 for 4 days work. Still, having every week like that, and taking 4 wks off/yr works out to $81.6k/yr. Not too bad for a newb, NOT!
  • Otto22
    12 years ago
    While I agree in general that strippers are not great writers, there are exceptions". "Candy Girl" by Academy Award winner Diablo Cody is both well-written and a first person description of a year as a stripper by a "normal" girl with a good job in an advertising agency. A good and sexy read.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    Otto22, Here is a link to "Candy Girl" by Diablo Cody [view link] Confessions of a Stripper [view link]
  • Revo
    12 years ago
    Minnow yes I did read the whole thing. Ugh. My mistake I took one for the tuscl team. If you look up the publisher of the book it has a picture. There is also a video of a Lacey Lane on utube showing some pole tricks in a string bikini. Good body small up top. About a 7 or 8 on the body. Not sure if that is her though.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion