tuscl

Club Scene in the 1970s and 1980s

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 7:50 PM
Some of the veteran clubbers on here, please share your experience from the 1970s and 1980s. It seems many of the clubs began to appear in a major way in the 1980s. What were they like in the 1970s and 1980s in terms of dances, mileage, dancers, ethnicity, nudity, prices, facilities and overall experience (as well as any other factors)?

16 comments

• samsung1
    12 years ago
    Here is an ebook that you might find interesting: 9½ Years Behind the Green Door (2007) by Simone Corday “In 9½ Years Behind the Green Door, readers are taken back to 1980s San Francisco and into the world of Simone Corday, a stripper working during the heyday of the infamous Mitchell Brothers O'Farrell Theater. Opened as an X-rated movie theater by brothers Jim and Artie Mitchell, the O'Farrell was and remains one of America's oldest, most notorious adult-entertainment establishments. This nightspot was the major force behind the normalization of lap dancing in strip clubs nationwide. Corday's memoir is a lengthy peek at the lives of the theater's management and employees, most notably her lover of ten years, Artie Mitchell.” - From $pread Magazine, Shakti Ziller
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    Here is the link to the ebook in pdf file [view link]
  • mmdv26
    12 years ago
    I lived in Dallas in the late 70's and much of the 80's. The first strip club I ever went to was the Fare on Greenville Avenue (@ Meadow Lane??). It was a topless place with beer and slender little Texas girls who got up on stage and table tops and showed you their titties. Only fun if you were drinking Lone Stars with buds...to go alone to see the tits would have been the sign of a perv. They tore the original building down a few years ago, but I guess the Fare lives on over in the Stemmons Frwy area. Even then, this club had the feel of today's clubs well lit inside, bouncers, and lots of girls. Another club, Baby Dolls, was located a block or so off NW Highway near Bachman Lake (Love Field area). In the late 70's, it was a dark. hole-in-the-wall, BYOB club, that featured 4's & 5's getting naked on a little stage in the corner (no laps as I recall). I had become something of a loner at that point in my life, and I would get a six pack of Heineken (green bottles of course), go over there and gaze at latino pussy, get pretty buzzed and horned up then drive home to the Village Apts at Greenville & Lovers and take care of myself... There was a hole-in-the-wall on Lemmon Ave near Love that had a french type name like Chez Chateau. Anyway, I think it was a bikini club that served alc and of course fake expensive champagne for the dancer. If you got her some fake bubbly and gave her some $$, she would give you HJ under the table. Or, if you gave her a lot more money, you could go out to the parking lot she would get in your car with you and give you a BJ. All the while with Bruno standing next to the car making sure you didn't really enjoy it that much. I'm sure OTC would have been available, but I never did that. There was also a place over on Harry Hines where you went inside picked a girl, gave her $50, went to a cubicle and got BBFS. I did that once with a cute little spinner. After that I started running with a crowd that had lots of single horny girls from Michigan, and that started my 10-year hiatus from strip clubs.
  • Jackmd
    12 years ago
    My first SC experience was in the early 70's at a place that is still here today. Neither my mother nor the liquor inspector would have appreciated my presence there. An old guy at the door looked me over and let me in. At least a decade separated me from the stripper on stage. Tits were bouncing every which way and bikini bottoms were losing their fight with gravity. Wow a big brown bush appeared from under those bottoms. After several minutes more with my complete attention, the dancer walked off stage. Had that have been the end of it I probably would not be the PL I am today. She than kneels on the bar and proceeds to put the aforementioned brown hair in the faces of the men at the bar. The two guys to the left of me both pick up quarters and insert them into the lady. She says thank you and moves toward me. I freak. She moves to the next guy who sticks a finger into the lady, than sniffs his finger and declares its "not ready yet". The next guy looks things over gives her a dollar and eats her out right at the bar. It was a long time before I went back to a strip club again.
  • Corvus
    12 years ago
    My first SC visit was around 1984 and was so impressive that I did not return to another club until this year. That first visit found topless girls wearing pasties and no contact at all between dancers and customers. Table dances could be had and you had to hold the table and crane your neck looking up at the girl. I remember thinking I had a much better view of a girl giving a table dance than the guys who were paying for it. I was very happy with the changes I found when I returned to SCs this year.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    It sucked and Memphis TN PP was the hook up......enough sad now.let's get [view link] 2013 buddy
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Strip clubs in 1970's and 1980's? Lame.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Yeah, mostly lame. But I love kissing, and I do miss the deep French Kisses I got for a mere one dollar stage tip. Then that damn Rock Hudson died of AIDS and everybody got all ape-shit scared of body fluids, including saliva, and that practice stopped. Some questioned what that scientific homo theory thread was relevant to a strip club forum. Well asked and answered.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    I have trouble remembering the early 2000's! The 70's and 80's, forgetaboutit!
  • windowsidiot
    12 years ago
    I was in the military in the 70's primarily in San Antonio and Omaha. Believe it or not Texas was really lame. Occasional titty flashes, no more. Omaha was actually better with topless dancers and large bouncers, if you touched or even acted disrespectful you were ejected. Iowa was better with nude dancers who would dress and sit with you occasionally letting a top slip but touch and you were out the door. I took a 30 yr sabbatical from clubbing was amazed at the changes and immediately hooked. I wonder what is next.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    Lap Dances were not the norm and private lap dance areas or rooms were unheard of. Touching was rare and only the few club had extras and they were only done on the down low. In the 80's San Diego clubs made the girls wear tights under their bikini bottoms. You could sometimes talk a girl up for OTC. What is interesting is some areas that had the best clubs now have the worst and vise-sersa. Ahh those 70's bushes. Most girls back then had more hair on their crotches than I had on my head then. You need a weed wacker to DATY. Indy Clubs are vitually the same and Terre Haute IN in the 70's had 5 or 6 clubs that got pretty wild including one black only club. Now Terre Haute has one really bad low mileage club. There were pockets of fun here and there. Once saw a guy dare a girl on stage/bar to fuck his Bud long neck bottle and she told him she would if he drink the rest of the beer. She did and he did. She buried all but 2" or 3" of that bottle and he drank the rest of that beer. The place had no lap dance area and the girls made their money at the tip rail and sitting with patrons.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Shadow talk about pp in Memphis bitch....I love to read those fuckin stories brotha
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    This thread was a good read – interesting posts!!! Also, for not much touching/extras, there seemed to be some hard core shit going on!!!
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    I'm glad I didn't grow up in a lame area. WNY and Southeastern Canada had some really excellent clubs going on, at least compared to some of the stores of other areas above.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    I used to frequent the Combat Zone in the 1970s. Unshaved bush and no lap dances, as others have said. The "shows" were more elaborate than today, the girl might have a theme, something like "Victorian" or "French Maid" and have costume and props to go with it. Streetwalkers were thick in those days. I think it was standard to get warmed up in the club, then hire a professional to take back to the hotel.
  • Lone_Wolf
    12 years ago
    Late '80's Phoenix area. Not too much experience but I remember there were few dancers in the clubs. Most of the dancers were over the hill biker chicks that would not compare to the honey's dancing today. I remember there was strict no touch policy and it was real easy to get kicked out of the club if you pissed off the dancer. Times have changed a lot.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion