tuscl

Who Here Has or Has Had Problems With Women in Normal Relationships?

Anybody here go to strip clubs b/c they have or have recently had problems with women in normal relationships? I think of a recent a divorce, or perhaps, a breakup of a LTR, or perhaps some have simply been too shy to ever have dated much at all? If so has being a LD buying strip club regular helped you deal with these issues at all (now if it did)?

13 comments

• Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Duh ...

The only consistent problems I have with my long-term girlfriends is, that they never look hot enough for me. The only consistent problems I have with women whom I know look hot enough for me, is that I can't get them to be my girlfriend.

It's pretty much one-to-one, so far. I guess I "naturally" or "instinctively" have unreasonably high standards for the level of physical that will turn me on sufficiently, as compared to the degree of desirability that I offer to those women. Evidently I'm not what a hottie wants, at least not enough of it.

But in relationships? I have had some very respectful, kind, and fairly attractive women enter into cooperative interactions with me, and I have to admit that this is very fulfilling. There were the occasional mishaps and misunderstandings, but very very seldom did it lead to the type of passive-aggressive child-play of anger and pouting and showing out that many men report about the women in their lives. I'm "good friends" with all my ex-girlfriends, except one, who is indeed psycho and I can say categorically it ain't me that causes the problems in our interaction.

But then, I only ever last for 18 months. I get a relationship, I realize right off the bat that the chick is lumpy in all the wrong places, I start to plot how to get out of the relationship, I stick around for 17.5 extra months because I'm "nice" and also desperate for some regular sex and also too much of a timid wimp not to think to myself, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth." I keep expecting to "learn" to want to fuck her, although she never actually would have any message from me that she would need to gussie herself up more than she had been doing.

Dysfunctional? I dunno. Maybe. Maybe it's a great life I'm living, having these meaningful interpersonal friendships with really cool, together, competent, friendly women, all of whom (except the one psycho) end up respecting me and moving on in a mutually agreed-upon manner.

Or maybe it's a horrendous life I'm living, consistently serving the needs of the girlfriend at my own expense, never getting what I want because deep-down I suspect I "don't deserve it" and therefore always trying to make silk purses out of (rather high grade) sow's ears.

You tell me.
  • RomanticLover
    18 years ago
    How about finding strippers to have "normal relationships" with?
  • RomanticLover
    18 years ago
    Who will add to this?
  • RomanticLover
    18 years ago
    What about the sexuality?
  • RomanticLover
    18 years ago
    Who looks for EMOTIONAL SUPPORT by spending MONEY on strippers?
  • parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    It seems RL that you are the one who is affected. Affected by your mama dropping you on your head when you were a baby.
  • RomanticLover
    18 years ago
    Who has been affected?
  • parodyman-->
    19 years ago
    davids I'm so sure you've had many normal relationships even with your hands jammed in your pants all of the time you HAIRY PALMISTRY practicing mother fucker.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    After every breakup I find myself going to clubs, a lot, until a new relationship is formed. Maybe I'm one of those club regulars who uses the visits as a bridge between LTRs. Anyway, the diverson of the club is a distraction from the empty feelings. But don't expect a dancer to be a girlfriend or a substitute. It's like having a drink, but careful you don't become dependent. I'm no longer sure what constitutes a normal relationship, but that's another topic for another day.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    No on interested in discussing their real issues surronding women and how this relates to the time they spend in strip clubs? Nobody care about THE TRUTH?
  • davids
    19 years ago
    This issue has not been discussed in enough depth on this board. Please discuss what issues in normal relationships with women have lead you to conclude that just paying for "fantasy" is better.
  • RomanticLover
    18 years ago
    Who wants to add to this?
  • RomanticLover
    18 years ago
    Who has had this?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion