tuscl

Making it rain could be painful in the future

deogol
Michigan
Congress looking at eliminating dollar bill for dollar coin:

http://news.yahoo.com/congress-looks-doi…

15 comments

• jackslash
    12 years ago
    With dollar coins, you could make it hail.
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    Then strippers will want $5 bills for stage tips instead of 1 or 2 $1 bills. Ive heard them bitch about dollar coins before
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    I can think of several dancers to throw heavy coins at. :)
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    They make it work in Canada
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    No wonder they are called loonies???? It is because the dancers are knocked silly by the dollar coins?
    Oh those crazy C-nucks.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    In most clubs in Canada stage tipping just does not happen. For some reason, in my home province of Alberta the loonie/toonie toss is very popular in the clubs. Clubs have change machines to turn $20 bills into loonies to toss at gaping vaginas on stage. The dancers have small magnetic 'vacuums' to pick up all these coins.

To my mind this is a very bizarre sight but there is no denying its popularity both with customers and dancers. Seeing it for the first time might be entertaining for a newcomer to an Alberta club.

@Tiredtraveler: The coin is called the 'loonie' because the bird on the 'tails' side of the coin is the common loon.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    @farmerart I am aware of the Loon on the coin. The loon is a bird with a very unique call and found in the northern areas like Wisconsin and Canada. Are the coins ferrous so they stick to a magnet. I have a couple but have never tried.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    The U.S. has tried several different dollar coins over the past few decades. None have been publicly accepted, and I don't see that another round of the same will produce any better results.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar_Coin…

Recent mintings of U.S. dollar coins:
    Susan B. Anthony dollar (1979–1981; 1999)
    American Silver Eagle (1986–present)
    Sacagawea dollar (2000–present) 3.12.1 Native American series
    Presidential Dollar Coin (2007–present)
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    @Club_Goer, if we axed the dollar bill people would have to accept them.

Get rid of the dollar bill and get rid of the penny.
  • mrrock
    12 years ago
    Well strippers already have several slots to "insert a coin" into! O_o
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I would not like it if I had to carry around coins in my wallet. It would be even worse handling change if you had a lot of dollar coins. I never liked dollar coins not even before I knew about strip clubs. It might save the government money over a decade but cost American citizens a lot in terms of convenience and possibly prices if people started rounding up prices to the next 5 dollar amount. It would definitely cost me more in strip clubs unless I stopped tipping an equal amount.
    I bet it costs our government even more to print the two dollar bill but some strip clubs seem to promote their use. If we had to use 5 dollar bills, that would stop me from tipping everyone.

We can all thank our government politicians for spending money like the end is coming soon. I blame both democrats and republicans. The only politician I'm aware of that might have restored the dollar would have been Ron Paul. We're already a bankrupt country so devaluing our currency is a steady process now. I hope the 10 dollar bill doesn't become like he one dollar bill but the way things are going, it's just of matter of time.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    Well duh, of course the coin will be a failure if you don't get rid of the bill.

As for pennies, at least in some areas they're already obsolete. I don't accept them in change or carry them. There are several businesses I frequent that don't give them in change or keep them in the register.

One thing I find annoying is that no two coins look alike any more. Take two quarters out of your pocket, and they'll have two different things on them. I guess this is an attempt to push more coins on collectors.
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    Leave it to the dumbass American government to propose changing something that actually works into a complicated piece of shit that doesn't.

Come to think of it, that applies to most everything the government touches. (Think digital TV)
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    Stage tipping is pretty much gone in Canada.

Clubs should have funny-money $1s and $2s, that can be exchanged at face value within the club. NO shorting the dancers like with the credit-card funny-money, because the justification that there are a lot of charge-backs doesn't apply.

Normal clubs could survive the end of stage tipping, but not hip-hop SCs.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    ilbbaicnl has a good idea but I think if strip clubs did have their own $1 and $2 currency they would charge an exchange rate to screw over the customer. Some would even have rates that screwed over the customer and the dancer who would later have to cash it out.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion