tuscl

Off Topic: Chris Christie

jerikson40
New York
Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:24 AM
Are you serious? Did I see what I thought I saw?? Chris Christie is Governor of New Jersey. He's a Republican. He's an outspoken critic of Obama. VERY outspoken. New Jersey had HUGE damage due to the hurricane. Christie has been working with the Feds and FEMA and the President trying to get stuff fixed. And what did Christie say, on national TV, about the President's response to the hurricane and his support for New Jersey's efforts? He said, many times on many different news programs, stuff like "...the president has been all over this, and he deserves great credit. He gave me his number at the White House and told me to call him if I needed anything and he absolutely means it, and it's been very good working with the president and his administration." ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME?????? Now, I am NOT a fan of Obama. I think he came into the job as a total incompetent, with no experience and knowledge whatsoever. However, I am so freakin' tired of politicians pissing on each other rather than acting like grownups and working together to get stuff done. They have this moronic attitude of "I hate you because you disagree with me". Y'know, like most of the people in this, and every other internet forum on the planet. Now, I know the douchebags will start in with the childish "oh, Obama was only responding because he wants to get elected" crap, but WHO GIVES A FUCK ????? Man up, admit he did a good job, and don't be one of those people that the politicians cater to with mindless, partisan nonsense. Anyway, I honestly can't remember when I've heard a politician act as grown up as Christie. BRAVO.

24 comments

• trevino
    12 years ago
    Having lived in NJ for 3 years out of Christie's first term... The guy is amazing. I can only hope he'll continue to be a rising star in the party. He's the outspoken voice the party has needed for so long! At the same time, we need to get that current dude out of the whitehouse... We're being bled dry.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I did hear his comments regarding the residents of the barrier islands who refused to evacuate calling them "stupid and selfish." "This is not a time to be a show-off, this is not a time to be stupid. This is the time to save yourself and your family" Christie said at a news conference. I applaud him for having the guts to say that. I have little sympathy for those who had plenty of warning to move to safer ground and ignored the warnings. This wasn't a Katrina situation where many of the poor residents had the means to help themselves. If you're living on a one of the barrier islands, you have the means to evacuate. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Typo -- some Katrina residents DID NOT have the resources to travel
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    One thing the governor did do, was keep Nobama occupied and off the campaign trail. Little or nothing will be corrected by Tuesday, therefore, no photo ops. At this point, nothing will change the minds of those that have decided. Those that haven't, well I best say nothing about them.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    If Christie will lose some weight and tone it down a tad he'll be a serious contender for the next run. Assuming Romney loses.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    Christie is too good of a man to run for President.
  • carolynne
    12 years ago
    i agree with letterman
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    I have a hard time praising a president for doing the most basic part of his job whereas Christie is a dynamo and has stated first he was elected to be gov of NJ and he was going to do that job first and worry about the next step later. I think Christie is above all very competent.
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    Cristie is smart. 1. He want federal disaster money. Play nice = more money. 2. Those comments set him apart for all the hate politics. Bottom line, those comments are 'day 1' of the Cristie 2016 campaign.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Who gives a fuck
  • Longneck
    12 years ago
    There is politics and the there is governing to two are very different yet often confused.
  • snowtime
    12 years ago
    Agree with Mix01. If Romney loses the election, Christie will insantly become the top Republican contender for 2016. Smart move on his part to appear conciliatory during this difficult time for the Northeast.
  • TortillaChip
    12 years ago
    The man is governor of a state. Is it so hard to believe the man is doing whats best for the people of his state, not just the Republicans, in this time of emergency? Not all Republican leaders are like that bitch from Alaska who quit when the going gets tough.
  • 10inches
    12 years ago
    It's called "kissing ass" for the money. play nice and Obummer can make it a lot easier to get aid. he is just looking out for his state. NJ wants the money that would be sent to NY.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Most telling statement... obama said, "I want you to cut through red tape; I want you to cut through the bureaucracy. There is no excuse for inaction at this point." He admits there IS "red tape" and "bureaucracy" in the federal government. I say, "There is no excuse" for those in the federal government." "Red tape" and "bureaucracy" are nothing more than government WASTE!
  • zipman68
    12 years ago
    Still amazed by all the old white dudes who can't see what is going on this election. If Romney wins we'll see contined spending combined with lower taxes. We've done the Romney experiment 3 times before (by Reagan, Bush I, an Bush II). Hasn't worked. My issue is that the Republican Party has lost it. If the Democrats are "tax & spend" the Republicans are committed to "don't tax but STILL spend". Those are our choices. Sorry to tell you, but "sensible fiscal policies ending in a balanced budget" ain't on the ballot. "Competent" isn't even on the ballot. Our choices are "boring not so competent technocrat who has no courage and isn't making much headway against big problems" and "pandering rich boy who will say whatever he needs to to get elected and do whatever he needs to to get reelected". In other words, our choices are douche and turd sandwich. I'm voting douche because you always feel dirty after you eat a shit sandwich. And not "good dirty". So Douche and Biden 2012! Oh, and the congressional and legislative races... Those are the folks who don't even rise to the level of douche and turd.
  • zipman68
    12 years ago
    And Christie... He is a douche too At least he hasn't risen to the level of turd.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    To expand on what gatorfan said: who gives a fuck? Go out and fuck some whores!
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    And of course, you can't even mention anything remotely political without the morons gathering around with their childish hatred of anyone who disagrees with them. And we wonder why our government is so fucked up. It's because of the morons who elect these guys.
  • snowtime
    12 years ago
    @zipman68 I am one of "the old white dudes" on this site. I do agree with a lot of what you said. I do think Romney is less likely to spend us into oblivion than Obama, but you are correct that the Republicans have little self restraint when it comes to spending our tax money. I voted last week and selected the Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson. Obviously he has no chance of winning and will receive a very small percentage of the overall vote. I would suggest to you, however, that he is an alternative to your two unacceptable choices. The more people that become familiar with the Libertarian view, the more likely we are to see some real CHANGE in government. I can guarantee you one thing. If a Libertarian is ever elected President, or even Governor, you will see the end of strip club harassment by LE. And that is certainly something we can all agree is a good thing.
  • zipman68
    12 years ago
    Damn straight snowtime. Just not as convinced as you that Romney won't spend us into oblivion... Hope I'm wrong if he gets elected, but I think we'll go from bad to "oh my fucking god this is horrible" If he is. I'd rather stay at "just bad". When I was a New Mexican Johnson was pretty good. But there was still a lot of inertia in local govt. Albuquerque kept harassing the Ice House (now defunct). But having somebody who really takes freedom seriously would be good for a change. Stop fucking with the strip clubs. Stop the failed drug war (treat it like alcohol - don't let people drug it up and drive, tax it a bit to cover problems caused by drugs, but stay the fuck out of our private lives if we aren't hurting anybody else). But it isn't going to happen any time soon.
  • latinalover69
    12 years ago
    Fuck I have enough politics on Facebook doing battle with my leftist friends. I come to TUSCL to get the hell away from it all and I get sucked in to this? Sheesh!
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    I just googled this guy. If I were an American I could certainly see myself voting for him - an ugly fat man with balls, capable of independent thought. Thing is though, he is a lawyer.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    A lawyer indeed?? String him up !! Seriously, Christie's state needs help, he'd be a fool to piss off a source of help.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion