tuscl

How do you normally dress?

Wednesday, April 5, 2006 9:22 AM
We've had several discussions about how we each dress when going clubbing, and it seems to me that how each of us chooses to dress has a lot to do with how we dress normally. For example, Chitown says he doesn't own a pair of jeans and always wears a suit in clubs. When I was his age and wore a suit to work every day I probably did much the same thing, but after working for a couple of companies with causal dress codes and then retiring, jeans are practically all I wear anymore. With sweatshirts or sweaters in winter and T-shirts or polo shirts in summer. Or if I really need to dress up I'll put on some khakis, which is what I usually wear clubbing, and maybe sometimes a sport coat. I even wore a tie to a funeral last week but it took a while to remember how to tie it. How about you, how do you dress when you're not at work and maybe going out with friends? And Chitown, I'm curious, how do you dress when you go to Home Depot on Saturday morning? Or when you mow the lawn or paint the living room? Or maybe you hire someone else to do that stuff?

4 comments

• FONDL
    18 years ago
    Shadowcat, my experience has been similar to yours. Years ago I always wore a suit and tie to work but by the time I retired it was khakis and casual shirts. I think I started wearing jeans regularly when I started hanging out with my ATF a lot. She always wears jeans so I got in the habit of wearing them too when we'd go out. Prior to that I only wore them when doing work around the house, now I wear them along with sneakers almost all the time. What I find interesting is that I have 2 sons, one wears jeans all the time, the other never does. Otherwise their life styles are very similar. I rarely wear jeans to strip clubs. The exception is if I'm going to a place where that's how everyone dresses (and there are plenty such places, especially out in the boonies), then I often wear jeans too. I've found that once they've been washed a million times they're just as soft as khakis. I've asked several dancers who I knew well if they minded jeans and none of them ever said they did.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Usually jeans and T-shirts, sweaters or white dress shirts. There isn't much correlation with what I wear to strip clubs. I almost always wear black khakis there, and I rarely wear khakis of any kind anywhere else. When I dress up, I wear a nice dark suit. I always wear underwear.
  • minnow
    18 years ago
    Light/soft fabric casual or dress slacks. Any dress or casual shirt w. pockets( for tip $$). Never wear jeans to S/c, also don't wear tie, except patriotic tie for 4th, or green tie for St. Patricks Day.
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    When I dress casually, I wear khakis and polo shirts. I'm not big on wearing t-shirts as outwear, although I will do so in the summer if I am also wearing khaki shorts. If I am just hanging around the house, I may wear sweatpants. I do pay someone to mow my lawn, as well as to paint my house, when it needs it. However, I was at Lowe's last night for some fuses.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion