tuscl

fuckin smart phones

Maverick100
British Columbia
I just spent about 50 minutes typing (actually hunt and peck method) a "brilliant" review of my local club (no 5 orange in Vancouver) only to have a "Microsoft Moment" delete the entire fucking effort. Am I the only 50 something spazzbob guy to have this problem or have other fellow members had this shit happen to them. I don't want to sound like a dinosaur but at least with carbon paper u had a fuckin copy of what you typed. No need to cut, copy, paste, back, delete, pray, suck dick, WTF hope that ur fuckin message would survive an electronic fart before u could post the fuckin thing...

The previous moment is lost, now I'm just a bitter soul.

22 comments

• JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Yes and I feel the same goddamn way lol
  • Maverick100
    12 years ago
    thx juice, nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this pain of mod cons making my life "easier".
  • HB13
    12 years ago
    That's why I do a review on a laptop. So much easier to copy / paste, save on another file and post the entire thing once you're ready.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I write my reviews on a computer but yes, I've "lost" some long discussion thread comments. I'm not really sure what happens.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I've lost a few just using my desk top. Now when I anticipate that it is going to be a lengthy post, I type it on word pad first.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    sc,

You got the 70+ year old crowd covered, I have the 60+, so maybe Maverick100 can cover the 50+ group, and we can all agree that computers are both a Godsend and a curse!
  • smokeshopjoe
    12 years ago
    I still have my phone from 2006 sure it is held together with twine but it works and no one in their right mind is going to steal it. Also I do the same as SC even on the phone if it is soooooo smart it should have a word processor and a copy and paste feature.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    I make my contributions via MacBook or iPad. Shadowcat is right--it's smart to write lengthy articles or reviews in some sort of word processing format first.
  • steve229
    12 years ago

Those smart phone keyboards are entirely too small for anything but a short message...

One of the reasons I like google voice is I can 'text" from a laptop/desktop

• JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Ducking goddamn smart ass phones !!!!
  • 3LeggedMan
    12 years ago
    Agree with several posters that long reviews should go into a word processor program, then copied to the website as the final step.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Use MS Word with a VERY short autosave on a computer, not a phone. This isn't hard to figure out.
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    I have some reviews I need to type, but as you all have said, smartphones are not the best platform for writing essays.

As HB13 said, a computer word program is the best platform, even though I have "Word" on my smartphone.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    I've had this happen on my smartphone a few times. the irritation is infuriating. as I write tjis now on my phone I hope it doesn't go poofed
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Get a Droid. Had a friend with a Microsoft phone, spent most of his time rebooting the fucker by pulling the battery out of the back.
  • Maverick100
    12 years ago
    Normally I would have used some word processing program for a more lenghty review, alcohol probably didn't help either...Thaks for the replies.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I would not recommend composing documents DRUNK!
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    My phone's got a rotary dial and no display. Pain in the ass to enter text.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Are people really doing reviews on their phone now?
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Smartphones is an oxymoron

Just as is Smartstrippers
  • HB13
    12 years ago
    Forgot to mention: If you're writing Shakespeare on your phone, just use one of those "voice to text" features. Just make sure you enunciate properly and do one sentence at a time.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    EJGFDREJGFJGJ#$I*^#$^#*&^$*#^KJHSDKHKSHKDKSHKDJHK
    KJHDFKHKDFHDKFJHKJHKHKDHFKDHFKJH@O#(*^#*&^*&#$

damn dsmrtphone
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion