Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

fuckin smart phones

Maverick100

British Columbia

13 yrs ago · 1 min read

I just spent about 50 minutes typing (actually hunt and peck method) a "brilliant" review of my local club (no 5 orange in Vancouver) only to have a "Microsoft Moment" delete the entire fucking effort. Am I the only 50 something spazzbob guy to have this problem or have other fellow members had this shit happen to them. I don't want to sound like a dinosaur but at least with carbon paper u had a fuckin copy of what you typed. No need to cut, copy, paste, back, delete, pray, suck dick, WTF hope that ur fuckin message would survive an electronic fart before u could post the fuckin thing...

The previous moment is lost, now I'm just a bitter soul.

Replies (22)Latest

Profile picture for JuiceBox69
JuiceBox69
•

Yes and I feel the same goddamn way lol

Profile picture for Maverick100
Maverick100
•

thx juice, nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this pain of mod cons making my life "easier".

Profile picture for HB13
HB13
•

That's why I do a review on a laptop. So much easier to copy / paste, save on another file and post the entire thing once you're ready.

Profile picture for motorhead
motorhead
•

I write my reviews on a computer but yes, I've "lost" some long discussion thread comments. I'm not really sure what happens.

Profile picture for shadowcat
shadowcat
•

I've lost a few just using my desk top. Now when I anticipate that it is going to be a lengthy post, I type it on word pad first.

Profile picture for Clubber
Clubber
•

sc,

You got the 70+ year old crowd covered, I have the 60+, so maybe Maverick100 can cover the 50+ group, and we can all agree that computers are both a Godsend and a curse!

Profile picture for smokeshopjoe
smokeshopjoe
•

I still have my phone from 2006 sure it is held together with twine but it works and no one in their right mind is going to steal it. Also I do the same as SC even on the phone if it is soooooo smart it should have a word processor and a copy and paste feature.

Profile picture for jackslash
jackslash
•

I make my contributions via MacBook or iPad. Shadowcat is right--it's smart to write lengthy articles or reviews in some sort of word processing format first.

Profile picture for steve229
steve229
•

Those smart phone keyboards are entirely too small for anything but a short message...

One of the reasons I like google voice is I can 'text" from a laptop/desktop

Profile picture for JuiceBox69
JuiceBox69
•

Ducking goddamn smart ass phones !!!!

Profile picture for 3LeggedMan
3LeggedMan
•

Agree with several posters that long reviews should go into a word processor program, then copied to the website as the final step.

Profile picture for Alucard
Alucard
•

Use MS Word with a VERY short autosave on a computer, not a phone. This isn't hard to figure out.

Profile picture for Pablo Antonio
Pablo Antonio
•

I have some reviews I need to type, but as you all have said, smartphones are not the best platform for writing essays.

As HB13 said, a computer word program is the best platform, even though I have "Word" on my smartphone.

Profile picture for Estafador
Estafador
•

I've had this happen on my smartphone a few times. the irritation is infuriating. as I write tjis now on my phone I hope it doesn't go poofed

Profile picture for deogol
deogol
•

Get a Droid. Had a friend with a Microsoft phone, spent most of his time rebooting the fucker by pulling the battery out of the back.

Profile picture for Maverick100
Maverick100
•

Normally I would have used some word processing program for a more lenghty review, alcohol probably didn't help either...Thaks for the replies.

Profile picture for Alucard
Alucard
•

I would not recommend composing documents DRUNK!

Profile picture for Ermita_Nights
Ermita_Nights
•

My phone's got a rotary dial and no display. Pain in the ass to enter text.

Profile picture for gatorfan
gatorfan
•

Are people really doing reviews on their phone now?

Profile picture for motorhead
motorhead
•

Smartphones is an oxymoron

Just as is Smartstrippers

Profile picture for HB13
HB13
•

Forgot to mention: If you're writing Shakespeare on your phone, just use one of those "voice to text" features. Just make sure you enunciate properly and do one sentence at a time.

Profile picture for gatorfan
gatorfan
•

EJGFDREJGFJGJ#$I*^#$^#&^$#^KJHSDKHKSHKDKSHKDJHK KJHDFKHKDFHDKFJHKJHKHKDHFKDHFKJH@O#(^#&^*&#$

damn dsmrtphone

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement