tuscl

Reviews by Owners

Monday, September 17, 2012 8:00 PM
It is annoying to see reviews by owners. I bet most of the reviews in the Top 10 Clubs are by the owners or their agents. Amateurs fall for them and I don't blame the owners for the free advertising that they are using.

10 comments

• bellman
    12 years ago
    At the bottom of each review there is a red flag which you can click on and explain why you think the review should be removed. Owner/shill reviews can aften be identified by the fact that the reviewer has only a very small number of published reviews and of a small number (often 1) of clubs. I agree that the high ranking of some clubs is not justified after I've visited them, but that may also be at least in part a matter of personal preferences.
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    I'm somewhat surprised that owners would get on here and write reviews for their own clubs hoping to persuade people to visit. Yes, I realize it would only benefit their clubs/help their sales, but get a life. Leave the club reviews to us, the customers! :)
  • TortillaChip
    12 years ago
    There was a shooter on the grassy knoll too, dammit.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Maybe not the owners, but some of the people they hire to do marketing or managers? That wouldn't shock me at all. Hell, even the actual owners of some of the smaller venues. It doesn't take much to find this place via google.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Here I thought owners were too busy being blown by strippers
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    I agree with Ohio. Also, they are usually pretty easy to spot and they don't usually impact the overall club ratings anyway as most shill reviewers are "1 and 1" types.
  • gawker
    12 years ago
    A dancer at one of the clubs I frequent told me that many of the dancers write their own reviews, exaggerating their availability for extras in order to get more private time which at this club is where the $$ is. She and her partners in crime are masters at separating money from our wallets. (And I've loved every minute of it)
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    I think a lot of club rankings stem from how crappy the clubs are around a particular club. We all rate clubs from experience and many never leave their home area. Brad's Brass Flamingo is an example. I have been in there a couple of times. The girls are usually slightly above average, Dances used to be cheap, Drink not overpriced, but it suffers from a lack of privacy. Regular lap dances are done on sofas on a slightly raised platform in the corner in front of the whole club. The "Champagne Room" is just another room line with couches and patroled by a bouncer. I consider it an OK club but not a top flight club. To decide whether I will go to a club I read the reviews and it is usually easy to tell who is a shill, who is a local PL and who actually gives a useful review.
  • racejeff
    12 years ago
    TiredTraveler they changed that layout several years ago. I'm not a regular of the club, nor as wild about BBF as many others are. But this has hit on a topic for me of old tired information in reviews. But I'm not sure how you can tell the reviews are full of old information. Just today I read a review of Dancers Showclub in Indy mentioning the Champagne Room or as they call it Goodfellas. Mentioned a $300 price which was raised for the SuperBowl in February and is now $375. Very hard to tell reviews unless they are loaded with shill like marketing statements I fear.
  • snowtime
    12 years ago
    I think the owner/employee comments are easy to spot. I ignore most of what they say and try to get information from "real" reviews. Not a big problem, because most of them post one time and are not seen again.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion