tuscl

Perfect winter vacation spot for farmerart

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Texas is opening up a stretch of highway with the fastest speed limit in the US.

A 41 mile stretch between Austin and San Antonio where it will be legal to drive 85 mph (137 kmh).

farmerart: Texas in the winter sounding pretty sweet, eh?

12 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    The problem is, all of the highways leading out of Texas are 55mph. :)
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    I feel a need for speed. It takes forever and a day to cross Texas, more power and gas to them.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    @motorhead,

Nah, I'll pass on Texas in the winter - too freakin' hot! I will attempt to make some money in Canada's North instead.

As for 137kph; that is just cruisin' speed in the slow lane on Hwy 2 between Calgary and Edmonton (official speed is 110 kph). There aren't enough horsemen in all of Western Canada to ticket every car doing 137 kph on the Calgary/Edmonton highway. Those damn horsemen seem to target responsible oilmen testing the perfectly safe capabilities of a sweetly manufactured Italian sports car rather than the texting-mad mommies in their monster SUVs or goofy rig pigs fishtailing down the road in their souped-up F-150s.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Seems most retirees from Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, buy a place in Florida - but those who have tried out Texas much prefer it.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    I used to live in San Antonio, and I've driven that stretch of highway. Regardless of the posted speed, Texans were driving at 85 or faster even then.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Art, it isn't HOT, HOT, HOT in Texas in the winter, they have much more pleasant weather, they even get snow. LOL I sympathize with your experience on the road, my worst ticket ever was when I was ticketed for doing 92 MPH in a 50 MPH zone in my 97 Vette. I bet the pig was pissed when he found out the ticket got tossed out in court.

:)
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    I loath Florida any time of year. I would rather live in Texas. If the obamanation gets re-elected Texas will like seceed from the US as is their right (They were and independent nation beforethey join and were never a US possion and can therefore leave) I know a lot Texans are tired of supporting the eat and west coasts.
  • 10inches
    12 years ago
    used to live in San Antonio. I-10 west towards El Paso is flat and straight. troopers rarely stop anyone for speeding unless they are considered a hazard. regular speed once past Kerville is easily 90 to 100 on a clear day !!!
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Florida is a great place to live 1/2 the year. From November til April, it's very pleasant. Then the heat and humidity kick up. Texas is much the same and if Texas secedes, well Hellz Belles !! Time for another Civil War. Viva la revolucion !!
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    I lost track of the number of times I got passed on westbound I-10 in Texas. Many were doing 90-100 MPH.
  • TortillaChip
    12 years ago
    Tiredtravler, you don't like the USA get the fuck out. lol childish prattle
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion