tuscl

Icebox at Cheetahs in San Diego

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 7:59 AM
Anyone been in the new iceboxes? I'm wondering if anyone has gotten FS in there.

15 comments

• xedin5436
    12 years ago
    Aren't they something like $500 just to get in (for an hour)? They don't even have doors, do they? Going to clubs in San Diego is normally sort of a waste of money, but I can't imagine anything going on in those things that you wouldn't be able to do just in the 5-song VIP area, just because I don't see how they could get away with doing any more. If you haven't been in the club since they remodeled, the ice boxes aren't located in some hidden place, they're over on the right side (as you enter) of the main room, taking up space that used to be seats. So, if I'm correct that there are no doors, you're still in full view of everyone in the place.
  • thenetguy
    12 years ago
    I was in there a few weeks ago. They're booths that are covered by a bead curtain so you can see you'd have to basically be hovering at the entrance. Also I don't believe they have cameras in there. I've had offers for just under FS but wondering if anyone has gotten that there...
  • xedin5436
    12 years ago
    By offers, you mean you'd have to pay more than the $500 for the room? Is that the accurate price for those things? I'm sure a lot of what gets offere there depends on the girl and what day it is. The one time I went to Cheetahs on a weekend night, I got nothing but air dances, even in the 5-song area.
  • thenetguy
    12 years ago
    It was about half that maybe a bit more nothing near 500$ I guess I'll just have to play it by ear.
  • xedin5436
    12 years ago
    I just checked the FAQ on the website, and it says that they're $50 an hour and $20 a song, although it says "your choice" which is a little confusing. That makes a bit more sense - like you pay $50 for use of the room for an hour (like a VIP room charge at other clubs) and then after that it's $20 a song with the dancer. They must have changed the pricing since I looked last, or I read it wrong the first time. Does that sound more in line with what you did? Because $500/hour is totally ridiculous.
  • Rod8432
    12 years ago
    I read the website too, and saw the $50/room plus $20/dance. If it really isn't monitored, that's not a bad price. 3 songs @ $20/each plus the cost of the room would be $110, comparable to what you'd pay for a totally secluded booth at Diamond Dolls in Pompano or for 3 songs in the curtained VIP room at Fight Club in Inkster. With the right girl, you can get your freak on to a degree, so I pleasantly surprised to see a San Diego offering something similar. If it's $500, and the $50 was just a typo or something, then it's clearly not worth it.
  • xedin5436
    12 years ago
    Yeah, that pricing ($50/hour + $20/song) also makes sense with their other dance prices - the $20/song room where nothing happens and the $100/5 songs VIP room where you can actually get a lap dance (of varying dirtyness depending on the dancer and when you're in there, but still with a bikini on). If the girls do get a little more intimate in there as thenetguy says, an extra $50 isn't so horrible. I guess I have an excuse to go back there and do some intensive research now. I still think that with this being San Diego you're not going to have all doors open to you, but I'd be interested to hear otherwise.
  • thenetguy
    12 years ago
    Oh I haven't tried it yet. Basically 50$ goes to the club but then it's 20$ a song but you can negotiate with the dancer
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    I guess it depends on how much they trim the songs. $450 at $20 per song would be 22.5 songs per hour or 2 minuted 40 seconds per song. That's short but not unusually short. So with the room and one girl spending $500 for an hour before any tip is not out of the question....and then think of what $500 will get you a few miles south in TJ! It is tough being a San Diego club.
  • xedin5436
    12 years ago
    Or even just in LA at a Deja Vu club, where you can get a half hour for $150, or $100 on Thursdays. The SD Vu doesn't even make that offer, but since their clientile is mainly military it might not make sense for them. Instead they have no cover and $10 dances until 7pm or something. At least the girls at Cheetahs are generally pretty hot.
  • xedin5436
    12 years ago
    I think part of my objection to the $500/hour thing is that I wouldn't want to put that much down up front for an hour with just one girl. Maybe if I had done some serious recon work ahead of time and knew the dancer ahead of time, but not as an experiment.
  • muchfun
    12 years ago
    The Most eye Candy in SD I found at Goldfinger on Stage you can have One Bikini LD an evening also more is Wasted Money drive to LA then. Or may bee mexico I Never was.
  • Player11
    12 years ago
    Isn't that the club Kendra Wilkinson (TV reality star, Girls next door) danced at before Hugh Hefner got her into his mansion for a few years. She is one hot babe. I have been reading her book where she says she was knocking down 2000 a nite at 18. I bet she did extras, wonder what she charged.....
  • xedin5436
    12 years ago
    She's from San Diego, generally from the area where Cheetahs is located, so I wouldn't be surprised if she did work there. BTW, I did some intensive research on the iceboxes yesterday - I only asked one dancer, but she said it was $350/half hour, $650/full hour. That's insane. I could drive up to LA today to a DV club, get an hour and a half and still have $50 for gas for that half hour price. Maybe it depends on who you ask, or the girl was just pre-calcuating the cost of the dances into the half hour cost. If they cut songs at 2 minutes, even wiht the $50/room $20/song setup, you'll end up at $350 after a half hour.
  • Dave_Anderson
    12 years ago
    When I lived in San Diego I used to frequent Cheetahs on a regular basis. It was my "home club" for many years. In fact, I used to go there when it was Tops n' Tails waaaay back in the day. The club was at its peak around the turn of the millenium and on into the early 2000s, before the legal troubles they had. After they started the 5 song minimum in the VIP thing, it was just never the same for me. My ATF left not long after that and I found myself going less and less. I know that the 5 song minimum is supposed to be their way of allowing some mileage but to me it just wasn't worth it both because I didn't want to commit to 5 songs with an unfamiliar girl who might be a complete waste of time or with who I had no chemistry with and also because I also felt like I had to enjoy every second having already committed. Anyway, I guess I don't really have anything to say about the ice boxes other than that I can't imagine tham being even worse 5 song minimum VIP. BTW, I remember when they even had $5 chair dances here, sigh.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion