tuscl

Ahh, the single days

Naked Harry photos inspire a humorous Las Vegas ad campaign
By Kitty Bean Yancey, USA TODAY

The "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" code was broken this week when someone partying with Prince Harry snapped cellphone photos of the naked royal covering his crown jewels and cuddling a nude woman in a hotel suite after a game of "strip billiards."
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) isn't taking this violation lightly.
"Las Vegas is about adult freedom," is LCVA spokeswoman Courtney Fitzgerald's response. "It's important for friends to know what activities can be shared publicly and what activities are protected by the code."
Today, the city tourism arm is launching an ad campaign condemning the person or persons who took the photos of Harry that wound up on TMZ.com and have been viewed around the world.
"For Shame! To those who traded in their pledge to their Las Vegas brethren, WE DEPLORE YOU," the ad reads in part. "We are calling on you, the defenders of what happens in Vegas staying in its rightful place -- in Vegas. We are asking for a shun on those exploiters of Prince Harry. We shall boycott partying with (whoever exploited Harry). No bottle service. No bikini clad girls." The ad urges readers to click on VisitLasVegas.com/knowthecode to sign a pledge to keep Vegas indiscretions in Vegas and to report offenders who share embarrassing Vegas pics on Facebook.
Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for Steve Wynn's Encore resort, where Harry played in a two-story suite with its own pool table, had no comment on whether those digs are now in greater demand. The suite, which also has a massage room, usually rents for $6,000-$8,000 a night.
Harry, an officer in the British Army Air Corps, might consider a new job: poster boy for Vegas. Britain's Daily Mail reports that Virgin Holidays is seeing increased demand for Sin City air/hotel packages since Harry cavorted in party pools and cued up in the buff.

14 comments

• vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    I'm waiting for the pics of Harry in the VIP at the Olympic Garden.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I guess the moral of the story is if you are " Famous" DON'T party that way with anyone who has the ability to photograph you. LOL
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I feel bad for the kid in a way... But jesus he just keeps showing a total lack of good judgement.
  • londonguy
    12 years ago
    It's not him that's at fault jester, it's his security team.
  • steve3003
    12 years ago
    Who the fuck cares what them toffs do. Fire them security detail!
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    When I read the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be another one on when to go to the club, i.e. on the single (digit) days. Glad I was wrong, 'cause this is *soooo* much more interesting. :))))
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Well,georgmicrodong, what can I say. I found it to be an interesting slice of life about life in Sin City, a place I've visited and enjoyed OG, so I thought I'd share with our TUSCL friends. Harry is sowing his oats, I have no problem with that. Here's to Harry !!
  • londonguy
    12 years ago
    With you on that one Vince. He's a single guy, serves in the Army and insisted on going to Afghanistan. He's perfectly entitled to enjoy himself as he sees fit, just like the rest of us. He just needs to be more careful.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Just yankin' your chain, VM. What I do find interesting is that the American media appears to be making more of it than the British.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Not a problem, georgmicrodong. Sometimes are posts are misunderstood and taken the wrong way. I have no problem whatsoever with what you write and as far as I can tell, I have no problem with you. I value your input here. That's a good observation, I imagine the British press is getting some pressure from royalty. What do you think, londonguy?
  • londonguy
    12 years ago
    The Royals rarely try to influence the press, even in circumstances like this. There is a big inquiry going on at the moment about freedom of information with regard to the press so only one newspaper has published the photos at the moment.

It's been BIG news over here and still featured prominently in TV broadcasts for a few days.

It's been reported that his father had a 'quiet word' with him and I think his Grandma is waiting to see him as well.

There's been a surge in bookings to Vegas from the UK. Glad I already been.

BTW did you know Steve Wynn waived the $45,000 room bill?
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    @londonguy, It's easy to blame the security team but for all we know Harry told them to get out. Again, I feel bad for the kid but its not like this is the first time he's shown poor judgement. At some point he needs A. do better about letting people take pictures of him or B. cut this shit out
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    "The Sun is there" :))
  • carl95
    12 years ago
    What the fuck kind of name is "Kitty Bean Yancey"?

Harry's only crime is living during the age of TMZ and cell phone cameras. Royalty has been doing shit like this for hundreds of years. He's lucky its only two pics and not video.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion