tuscl

What TUSCL needs

Monday, August 13, 2012 7:47 PM
I think there are two things that would greatly improve TUSCL. First, instead of just having "Reviews" of clubs, there should be two options, "Reviews" and "Comments" or "Visit Reports". Most of what gets posted as a reviews are really just short "visit reports" which rarely tell you much about the club. I've been guilty of this myself, though I've tried to make my reviews more informative of late. Second, the discussion board needs to have sections: I would suggest that there be at least four: Current Events in the SL trade (for all the news related articles), The Art of Strip Clubbing (for legitimate discussions of issues), Just F'ing Around (for the usual nonsense that fills up the board -- like this post), and Off Topic (for all non-stripclub related posts). How would you improve TUSCL?

19 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I'm sure that every one of us could come up with some thing that they would like to be instituted but until this site gets speeded up at night, does it really matter?
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    ^^^ Yup. SC is on point. Lately the speed is just damn depressing
  • JacksonEsskay
    12 years ago
    I've not encountered any issues with slow speeds . . .
  • looneylarry
    12 years ago
    Just wondering if it loads even slower on iPhones, since the format was changed to accommodate them. Back to Jackson's original question, shit, maybe I should do some more impressions?
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Then you're in the minority jackson.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    90% of the time I do use my iPhone so i do wonder if it's the phone so last night I got on my PC with a very fast connection and it was very slow on TUSCL. Def related to time of day. Right now, 6 am in the east, no problem, but in the "prime" evening hours, it can be slow. -- But back to the question. Your suggestions sound interesting, but I'm not sure if grouping the discussions is necessary. I like browsing thru all the topics, so having to look at four categories would make it harder. I (very rarely) visit Stripperweb. They group the discussions. There are positives to groups if you are searching for information, but our discussions here are a lot less "informational", A section for the spam ads here might be useful.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    I think that having two different types of club reviews/visit reports would lead to a lot of confusion. I'm also not sure how much value some report of a club drive-by might have anyway if he did not have enough intel to post a full blown review. Now I have mixed feelings about club comments. While in some respects they can add some more color, more often than not they are filled with a lot of garbage. Guys also tend to be too explicit about some of their dicier activities in comment sections. Take a look at the SCL comments and you'll find a lot of BS, shill posts and other nonsense. I don't know, but I think that this place is good as is. I get good information from here on clubs in areas all ovr the country and I don't have to waste a ton of time sifting through a lot of bullshit to get it. On the whole, I thi
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I think TUSCL needs a speed up
  • xedin5436
    12 years ago
    There's like what, 10 topics a day posted to the discussion boards maybe? If there were 3 or 4 times that amount categories might be useful, but as it is, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. Threads generally seem to die out pretty quick anyway, so it's not like I'll really need to go back to find some older discussion for new comments anyway.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    "I think TUSCL needs a speed up" Then it'll get meth-mouth!
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    @Jackson - I think you're on the right track. A couple sections you missed: Wanna-be gansta section - all unintelligible posts, or those written in pseudo-rap speak, go here. Also any posts referencing skanky ass 'ho's or farts. Argumentum ad nauseam section - all mind-numbingly dull, repetitive posts go here for ease of ignoring, especially those re-hashing old flame wars or referencing obscure 2+ year old financial trades The OT section is a little too broad. I would recommend you have sub-categories, namely: 1) Cheerleader pictures 2) Mila Kunis posts 3) Other (i.e. unimportant stuff)
  • sinclair
    12 years ago
    The biggest problem is too many reviews from people that didn't even go to the club, posting vague garble just to see others reviews. Some gems I saw today: "The drinks were well priced." and "The girls looked good." Very helpful, eh? I am not sure of a way to curb this type of thing with the current membership model of free access with a review or article.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Well, I suspect a lot of people on here are not professional writers for reviews. There needs to be some slack. There is a way to default questions into the text area for writing a review. So perhaps founder can do that - but the question is: What should the questions be?
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    How 'bout a graphical representation of the 2 AMers? Ya know, like one of those crime maps with the red push pins. I think Texas has pushed Detroit out of the lead with Florida making a good showing too.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    "Well, I suspect a lot of people on here are not professional writers for reviews. There needs to be some slack." The issue is not with their writing abilities, but rather with the lack of credible information. One does not need to be Chaucer to write about the number and types of girls, prices (drinks, LDs, VIP/CR), one-on-one experiences, etc.
  • Joe from NJ
    12 years ago
    Well I have written hundreds of reviews or maybe just visit reports, but that's what they are. I find both are very useful when visiting a new area to decide what clubs to go to. The visit reports are very useful to pick a club to my liking. What TUSCL needs is a section at the head of each city, with general stiff about the clubs in that area. Las Vegas has a paragraph of exactly what I am saying. I think a city (or area) description could have facts like this is a paste town, or no contact dances in this city only table dances. Or in general this is an expensive town, or this town has fully nude lap dances (Tampa for example).
  • JacksonEsskay
    12 years ago
    Joe: Good point. In many areas there local laws are enforced across the board and this can tell you as much as the reviews about what to expect.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    A way to edit posts to correct typos.
  • JacksonEsskay
    12 years ago
    Drac: Amen to that!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion