tuscl

McDonald's targets a new market - the 2 AMers

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 3:55 PM
"McDonald's has blanketed America with its restaurants, but opening new locations isn't the only way the fast food superpower can grow. There's one untapped part of the U.S. market that the chain is now aiming for: the length of time between 2 A.M and 5 A.M." Now you can enjoy a big mac after witnessing the latest 2 AMer at your favoritie club! [view link]

9 comments

• motorhead
    12 years ago
    I especially liked the link the article provided to the 12 worst failures. Some I remember. Some I don't. One sandwich they didn't mention, but I really enjoyed, was a version of a Patty Melt they test marketed in Indianapolis in the early 1980's. It had a rye bread bun, grilled, caramelized onions, a quarter pound burger patty, and cheese sause. I liked it, but I'm sure the reason it didn't make the menu was the icky sause that resembled Cheez Whiz. If they had used a better cheese, perhaps an aged Swiss, it might have been a success.
  • thesamurai
    12 years ago
    Nothing can beat drunkenly wandering into a gyros shop at 2 am after clubbing. McD's? pffft
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Would you like fries with the bullet in your ass?
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    They used to keep some of them open 24h around here didn't find there was enough of a market to keep that going, though.
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    No wonder the hot dog failed. Who could keep a strait face while ordering a McWeiner and asking for it supersized
  • steve3003
    12 years ago
    I'm with thesamurai. But it's good to see junior trying to branch out from bathroom attendant at them titty bars.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    I'm glad I'm asleep at 2 am
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    MOst only have the drive up window open. My days of clubbing until 2am are past.
  • DoctorDarby
    12 years ago
    They did a story on NPR about fast food places like Taco Bell, Jack in the Box, and Carl's Jr. marketing to stoners and other partiers by touting late night hours and "4th meal" munchies. The reporter concluded that since McD's is more a family place, that they would avoid such promotions, in spite of the obvious purpose of late night drive thru hours.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion