tuscl

One timers who trash clubs

Monday, July 16, 2012 12:20 PM
Have any of you noticed that the people who trash clubs the worst and with the most venom are first time posters? I have given bad reviews on clubs I have visited once bet usually for things I spell out. I just read a review of a club I have been in and the venom in the review bordered on preacher hell fire. Yes the club is a dive club and you can tell that from the outside. The review read like he was told it was Spearmint Rhino in Vegas and got WiseGuys in Washington Park IL. He was bitching about open coke use, the bathroom and the owner/DJ not apologizing and jumping to clean it. I have been around a while and have seen little open drug use (that is to say out at the tables in front of customers) in a public club it would chase of the customers with money to spend. Do Y'all think there are schills out there giving bad reviews to try to close a club?

11 comments

• randy77
    12 years ago
    I’m guessing this is a rhetorical question. Of course there are as in every other business there are those that go around trashing the competition. I've never seen any open drug use, but strippers are not the sharpest tools in the shed. Recently, I went to a new club, and while I was talking to a stripper another came over looking for this other stripper, "you know, the one with the drugs." I was floored. Neither one knew me. I could've been a cop.
  • sinclair
    12 years ago
    There are also alot of first-timer reviews from management and employees propping up their club.
  • skibum609
    12 years ago
    I have been going to strip clubs since 1975 and have never once seen open hard drug use, although I do admit that with indoor smoking being illegal where I live, I have smoked weed in the smoking areas with dancers. You'd think money would be the bigger draw, but its not.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Have any of you noticed that the people who trash clubs the worst and with the most venom are first time posters" I've also noticed that some of these new posters also have attacked other members a lot, right out of the gate.
  • RickWood
    12 years ago
    Many of the one time reviewers appear to be a disgruntled ex-employee more than someone from another club. A few look like a spouse found the tuscl site on a computer and/or figured out hubby was posting about the contact he was getting.
  • randy77
    12 years ago
    Rickwood - too cool. You may be on to something
  • jestrite50
    12 years ago
    Yes I also noticed that and I have flagged those reviews when I have known them to be a shill. One I flagged because I was there the same time and saw no evidence of their complaint. Actually these cause me to go and check them out instead of staying away.
  • indyslick
    12 years ago
    I can't imagine one or two wildly positive or negative reviews having a meaningful impact on a club. I suppose it's possible reviewers have some other agenda, but that seems like a serious waste of time.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I have noticed that some can barely understand english
  • PussyLick
    12 years ago
    I see A LOT of Hollywood Showclub reviews that look like shills....otherwise, I don't notice/care too much.
  • steve3003
    12 years ago
    sinclair's got it right. But the one-time reviews are obvious and easy to discount, so not really a problem. The ones that annoy me are reviews from club owners and friends, especially for the frequently reviewed SCs, that pop up periodically trying to pump up their star rating. Some are pretty long and it makes you waste time reading them thinly veiled promotions. Same shit with amazon and all them other Internet review sites.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion