tuscl

The A In AMP

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
Sunday, July 15, 2012 12:35 AM
Why are most massage parlors operated by Asians? Are Asians more skilled at giving massages than other people? Was it because alot of refugees from the wars in Southeast Asia came to the United States with no education/job skills?

13 comments

• Clubber
    12 years ago
    Because I like Asian women.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I've been to more Caucasian operated MPs than AMPs in years past/
  • thesamurai
    12 years ago
    Why is every Italian-American in the mafia?
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    They aren't Americans call them Spas
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Well, if you ask INS, it's because Asians are not shy about trafficking women, and a massage parlour is a relatively easy to set up and effective means to do that. On the other hand, many oriental cultures have long had a tradition of female pampering of men. When American men in the Korean and Vietnam "conflicts" were exposed to that, they liked it. It seems only natural that the women coming to the U.S. after those wars would take up a "profession" with which they were already familiar and had some skill.
  • gsv
    12 years ago
    You could ask the same question about something unrelated, like laundromats. Here in NYC it seems like most of them are operated by Asians too. Honestly it really comes down to when you see one person from your country successful doing something in the US, you're inclined to replicate it yourself. And since you come from the same place, you have many of the same resources they had to start with. Over here we also have the term RMP (Russian Massage Parlor). They command a premium over the AMPs, often twice as much $ per hour. It's hard for AMPs to compete as they're literally all over the place here, so I do suppose there is a market for non-Asian MPs to spring up and command a higher price. I don't mind Asian girls, in fact some of them I like very much. But it's nice to have more options.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    There's an area on I-94 in Michigan thats sprinkled with billboards for massage parlors with Asian sounding names. There is also one called "The All American Spa" where they advertise an American staff. Sadly, American does not mean attractive.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Several of the MPs here in Louisville are not Asian. The ones that are Asian, according to reviews, have good to excellent massages, but are *not* staffed by the hot, young Asian women found in their ads. Instead, it's apparently pretty difficult to find any Asian providers under 40. :) The American staffed ones apparently have younger and hotter women, but fall down a little on the quality of the massage. My article on my first visit to a massage provider, not Asian, was just posted. It's an accurate depiction of my visit, even if some of the details have been changed to protect privacy.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    This might be a stretch....but could Asians fly under the radar from LE. As another said, Asian culture is linked to massages so there might be some perception that these are "legitimate" massage parlors. I guess I'm drawing from my knowledge of the Amish. I do quite a lot of business with them and they seem to get away with a lot of stuff - ignoring. OSHA, FDA. and FLSA regulations and rarely get caught. Like I said, I'm reaching.
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    A = Amish?!
  • randy77
    12 years ago
    MH - years ago when I lived in Detroit, the AMPs used to advertise in the sports page of the newspaper and it was very obvious what was going on at these establishments. There is NO perception of these MPs being legitimate.
  • StallOut
    12 years ago
    Simple physics guys.... What race of girls can actually walk on your back with out breaking your ribs.... Asians. Any James Bond Fan knows this.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    The masseuse in my article has a frame above the table that she can support herself with. She used that on a subsequent session to do the "back walk" massage. It was pretty amazing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion