tuscl

I can't believe she remembered my name

Friday, May 19, 2006 9:47 AM
I recently switched from one local club to another that I used to go to. I hadn't been there for about a year. One of my favorites saw me and remembered my name. It was kind of cool. She was very busy last night, but I did get to talk with her a little. Hopefully I can see her again when she is less busy so we can talk more.

19 comments

• parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    Yes I am! Does that make you feel better?
  • davids
    18 years ago
    parody: "I'm pretty bad with names and faces because of the volume of people I meet " What's your job, parodySUBHUMAN? Are you on display in a zoo or museum as a missing link between higher primates and homo sapiens?
  • parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    I'm pretty bad with names and faces because of the volume of people I meet so I do appreciate when anyone I haven't seen for a long time remembers mine. SIDENOTE: Too bad this thread has been fouled by the tuscl troll.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Ok it was cool but you don't care what they think. Got you, now.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    komey is following the typical TUSCL pattern: a) claim that you don't give a fuck what strippers think of you and just go there for lap dances b) when a stripper indicates that you might be more than just money to her, get so elated that you feel special and compelled to brag about it to the internet c) try and frame it around a lame "token" question just so it's not to obvious (yeah, right!) what your real agenda is
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    I think it's amazing whenever people remember your name year's later and you only met them briefly. I'm lucky if I remember what they look like. After meeting thousands of people over several years, I only remember a tiny handful of names.
  • komey1970
    18 years ago
    davids - by cutting my quote in half, I guess you don't know what I mean. So I will explain it to you. I don't expect a stripper who I had not seen in almost a year. I'll bet most of my favorite strippers DON'T know my name. But they know who I am, and I am generally a good customer. That doesn't matter, as long as I get good dances. So, when this stripper remembered my name, I thought it was cool.
  • FunSeeker
    18 years ago
    Many dancers are very very good at names and/or faces! They have a memory of an elephant!!
  • davids
    18 years ago
    "davids - If a girl remembers my name, it's great. " Ok, it's great, but you don't care. Thanks for clarifying that one.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    chandler still tyring to convince me that he and everyone ignores my posts. Maybe when they stop taking oblique (and sometimes direct) shots I will beleive it. Until that, dream all you want, chandler, you pathetic exploitive old man. I am staying.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Komey, mine were general comments in response to casualguy's post. I don't even read your exchanges with the troll and I doubt whether anyone else does.
  • komey1970
    18 years ago
    chandler, I don't think she is usually good with names based on when I saw her before switching clubs. However, I am a "unique" person and that may have triggered her remembering.
  • komey1970
    18 years ago
    davids - If a girl remembers my name, it's great. I don't go around trying to make sure that happens though, if you know what I mean.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I hardly think a stripper remembering your name means you can expect her give you good dances or to want to hook up with you. She's probably simply good with names, or else some random association triggered her recall. Nice as it is, you shouldn't take it too personally in a flattering way, just like you shouldn't be too crushed by the 99% of strippers who fail to remember your name. As for picking up on old conversations, I've heard that a common practice of hair stylists is to keep a card file of their clients where they jot down what you talked about after each appointment along with, of course, how you like you hair done, birthdays, etc. It works out for them, because they see clients by appointment. They can scan the card for whoever is due next and refresh their memory of key info from months before. I've never heard of strippers going to such trouble, although I suppose they could use their cell phone's memo function. Not to mention that it would have to be the most soul crushingly tedious stuff to read, let alone intentionally rehash.
  • komey1970
    18 years ago
    Just because I don't care what they think about me, doesn't mean that I don't appreciate it if they remember after so long (just under a year). I know it wasn't a line (or lucky guess) because she mentioned part of a conversation we had when I was her regular. I was curious if others have had the same experience.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Ok, you don't care but you appreciate it. Gotcha!
  • lopaw
    18 years ago
    I've had dancers literally pick up conversations where we left off, months later. It never ceases to amaze me what some of these women can remember. While some don't remember where they parked their car, others can recite past conversations almost word for word. I find that incredible, considering all of the people that they meet & talk with on a daily basis.
  • davids
    18 years ago
    Isn't it funny how the posters here who claim that they "don't give a fuck" what strippers think of them are so elated when a stripper *remembers their name* that they feel compelled to the internet.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    Some dancers will remember your name and almost everything else about you even years later. A few times, I have run into strippers who claim they know me but I can't remember them. Of course if I'm interested in figuring out if they are lying or if they remember me I have to talk to them for awhile. The strippers seem to be telling the truth or at least most of them if they use that line. You can get some good dances from them as well unless they're trying to hook up with you outside the club since they already know you.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion