tuscl

I am nervous

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:40 PM
Anyway since I have mainly been in Lexington (sometimes Dayton visiting friends) I never knew of cities with strict strip club rules. Basically speaking since I have always visited Lexington and Dayton strip clubs which are liberal cities with loose strip club rules I assumed that everywhere was like this. However on this board I have discovered that there are cities out there such as Louisville, Nashville, and Cincinnati, just to name a few, that have strict rules such as no touching, meaning the dancer must stay six feet away, and no nuditiy. I am worried that the strict strip club rules in those kind of cities may influence Lexington where I live, and other cities like Lexington KY, into having strict strip club rules. All in all I hope that not all cities cave into strict strip club rules which could really damage the industry as a whole. I would love to read what you all have to say about this.

21 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    It could happen, if those persons whom find the Clubs & the behavior of the Dancers & us patrons as Morally objectionable, start electing people who will cater to their views. DON'T Vote those people into office.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Agreed, Alucard. Omega22, come up to Detroit sometime. Every few years, the Detroit city council comes up with restrictive legislation that does not get enforced. The current law is in the courts.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    Plus, most Detroit clubs are actually in the suburbs, so it would take a state law to put a dent in our fun.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    Strip club laws and their enforcement vary from city to city and mayoral term. Here in Seattle (and the rest of the Puget Sound Region), under the previous mayor and police chief there was a major crackdown on a particular chain of strip clubs. Although that really only affected four clubs, all the others felt it. Even now that those officials have moved on (police chief is now the police chief of Chicago), there's still an air of uneasiness among club owners, dancers, and customers.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Both conservatives and liberals hate strip clubs. Conservatives focus on immorality and liberals focus on exploitation of women. Our politicians are only too happy to pass restrictive laws if they think they can get a few votes. The best hope for strip club enthusiasts is that regulations stay at the local level and that bribery and corruption keep the rules from being enforced.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    jack, RE: "Both conservatives and liberals hate strip clubs." A rather all encompassing statement. I, as a conservative, do NOT "hate strip clubs". Also, I have very liberal friends that do NOT "hate strip clubs". Be a person conservative or liberal or whatever, I doubt you could find more than a handful that would have exactly the same views on ALL issues.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    OK, too broad. I should have said something like "many conservatives and many liberals." What I was trying to say was that many (or most) people, whether liberal or conservative, feel there are good reasons to regulate strip clubs more strictly.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Until the politcal climate in this county changes to a more libertarian one, expect the trend to continue. In order to be truly effective, that change has to happen at both the local and federal levels. I do t see that happening. On a side note, Omega, while the new laws in Louisville suck giant donkey dick, they really only affect those for whom going to the club and watching naked women is the end goal. For those of us who use clubs to get laid, the opportunities haven't changed much, if at all. A little more caution on the girls' part is about all I've noticed.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    jack, Thanks. The main difference is that conservatives want regulation greatly reduced, while liberals want much more regulation. Some day they may not even allow me to purchase a 32 oz. soft drink!
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    " Some day they may not even allow me to purchase a 32 oz. soft drink!" If it gets that bad we either go underground like in Prohibition. Or it is time for a 2nd Revolutionary War. LOL
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Viva la revolucion !!
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Alucard, I hope you were joking. You have to know that is ALREADY taking place in NY and some other New England state is following suit.
  • cuninglinguist
    12 years ago
    Columbus Ohio has a strict law on the books, but it only seemed to matter for a few months. Eventually the dances went back to the "pre-law" status and have pretty much remained there.
  • cuninglinguist
    12 years ago
    Columbus Ohio has a strict law on the books, but it only seemed to matter for a few months. Eventually the dances went back to the "pre-law" status and have pretty much remained there.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I know about NY. It just has to be fought.
  • Dolfan
    12 years ago
    As we always used to say in the keys "fuck 'em, blow the bridge" referring to the Snake Creek bridge that linked us to the mainland.
  • Omega22
    12 years ago
    I think that religion plays a role and the people in government make strip club laws stricter since it will win them more votes from religious people. Also poloticians tend to be older and from a different generation and don't understand how the younger generation works. What mainly makes me nervous is that if the strip clubs go out of business then I won't be happy anymore. Like I already said strip clubs play a major role in my life and overall happiness.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Dolfan, Isn't it Jewfish Creek?
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    See PM Omega22.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    jack, RE: "Both conservatives and liberals hate strip clubs." I'm glad you used the terms "conservative" and "liberal". All too often, Republicans get the blame for anti-strip club laws. But look at Detroit. You probably could not find a more Democratic city. The last Republican mayor was more than 50 years ago and not a single Dem on the city council yet they still managed to pass the restrictive ordinance.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Oops. I meant to say not a single Republican on the council
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion