tuscl

OT: How many happened at 2 am?

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Perhaps off-topic. Perhaps not. Either case, this just makes me want to puke.

This past weekend, seven people were killed and 35 injured in Chicago, including a 16-year old girl shot dead.

Last weekend, eight were killed and 46 hurt in Chicago. The youngest to die was another 16-year old.

The weekend before, there were three murders and 29 injured.

Where are the outcries of protest over these murders? Where is Rachel Maddow? Where is Al Sharpton?

I know some people laughed at the "bitch" thread. I know some thought it was the stupidest thread ever. But I just can't help but think that acceptance of such rude language and the blamket degradation of women, is symptom of something more heinous amongst our young people.

Yeah, as another said - it's a slow day. So this old man will get off his soapbox now.

7 comments

• vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Let me ask you this, motorhead, as a fellow Detroiter. Was it a hot weekend in Chicago? Violence spikes in these heat waves in the big city. I remember last summer here, we had a horrendous crime wave one hot weekend here where several people were killed and injured on a hot weekend/ That in no way condones the violence, but it can be a trigger.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Yes. The police are saying the warm winter and early summer heat are contributing factors.

Its mostly gang related but still...that's no excuse.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    I’m nowhere near Chicago but have been hearing for a while now about the violence and murder rate, especially among the youth, in that city.

To me, law enforcement needs to take back the streets akin to what Gulliani did in NYC in the 90s. Yes, there are some that will have issue w.r.t. strong police tactics; but personally I’d rather have the police in charge of the streets, even if sometimes they may overstep their boundaries and harass innocent people, than have the gangsters, that don’t adhere to any rules, rule the streets.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    We are in the season of virtually 24 hour daylight at the exploration camp. Would this be an issue at SCs if 2:00AM was still full light?

It is also bug season in the north. I wonder how ferocious the Chicago gangbangers would be if they had to deal with voracious flies, mosquitoes, noseeums, horseflies?
  • txtittyfan
    12 years ago
    I am glad there is no correlation between heat and crime here in Phoenix where it will hit 113 today.
  • zef8mich
    12 years ago
    This article came out yesterday and says that violent crime has decreased, but there are still problems in cities with economic problems.

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20…
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    This is easy. I would bet those were black on black, black on white, or anything other than white on black. Look at all the publicity for a guy dying that got beaten by the police 20+ years ago! Nothing more need be said.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion