tuscl

OC bikini bars - huh. What are they good for? (absolutely nothing?)

xedin5436
Michigan
Monday, June 11, 2012 1:02 PM
The last Hottie vs. Hottie thread opened my eyes to a type of club that, from what I've seen, seems to exist mostly in Orange County, California: the bikini bar. All the West Coast girls in that survey are employed at a bikini bar in Westminster. There quite a few clubs in the OC that fit the description, where there's no stage, no lap dancing or anything else like that, but they have bartenders in bikinis serving drinks. Based on the reviews, they seem to just be places where you can get a drink and have some eye candy while doing so. What actually happens in these places? Are they basically like Hooters minus the food, but with more skin? Do the girls sit on your lap or anything when they take your order or bring you drinks? Are they basically just good for pre-gaming before heading off to a nude club (note that in CA, nude clubs can't serve alcohol)? There's a lot of them around and I just can't see how they really stay in business because it doesn't look like the drinks cost any more than a regular bar, and there are plenty of real strip clubs around, including topless clubs that do serve drinks. How do the girls make their money? Do they get significantly better tips than at a normal bar? If they're a decent business proposition, why do they only seem to exist in the OC and not San Diego or LA (although given SD strip club laws, there's really not too much of a difference)?

9 comments

• Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    The food is better at Hooter's. A lot of clubs in NJ are bikini only. I was in a club in SoCal that required the girls to wear tights under their bottoms
  • xedin5436
    12 years ago
    Not to threadsit, but there's a distinction between a bikini strip club and bikini bars like these. San Diego is all bikini strip clubs - the girls only take their clothes off on stage, and if you get a lap dance the bikini stays on the whole time (although you may get a flash or grope every once in a while). These places have no stage, no dancing, no mention of food in the reviews, and no lap dances from what I can tell.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Having lived in OC, including Westminster for 20 years, what you are describing are nothing more than beer bars and should probably be deleted from TUSCL. In the Atlanta area there are over 40 strip clubs. All are totally nude with alcohol except 2. One is a nude juice bar and the other "Club Wax" is bikini. I wanted to find out how a bikini club could stay in business, so I paid the club a visit a couple of weeks ago to find out why the are bikini only. Being bikini allows the dancers to work there without having a permit from the county. Those permits cost $300-400/yr depending on who you talk to. Not sure if the county does any back ground checks. So how does it survive when there are 3 other totally nude with alcohol clubs, within a 5 minute walk? $5 lap dances and VIP rooms. The rules change when you get to the back room. The clothes come off, etc. FYI I was quoated $20 to the house for 30 minutes and $10 a dance in VIP.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    When I lived in L.A., pre-2006, I remember some bikini bars. The ones I went to had bikini dancing on stage. No tops ever came off in those clubs. And bikini lap dances. I don't know how they competed with topless bars. (Bikini and topless in CA can serve alcohol.) After the first time realizing a bikini cub was operated just like a topless club, I never went to a bikini club again.
  • xedin5436
    12 years ago
    Right - strip clubs in CA where alcohol is served have dancers that get topless on stage, and can give you a bikini lap dance. These places don't even have that, and that's what I find so weird.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    What is the abbreviation OC BCG? Can anyone help?
  • hard10
    12 years ago
    Oh Crap, Big Cocked Girl
  • K9
    12 years ago
    Shadowcat is on the mark. Rules change when you get in the back room. It was a bikini bar where I had my first BBFSCIP.....
  • JacksonEsskay
    12 years ago
    OC is Orange County . . . BCG is explained in the thread "BCG?" [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion