tuscl

Can a gay male do an objective review on a female strip club?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

SBGM

Clubs Reviewed: 1
Total Reviews: 1

Sammy's
342 Valley Ave
Birmingham, Alabama 35209

Reviewed on: May 17, 2012
Visited on: Monday Evening
Dancers on Shift: 11-25

Dancers *****
Value *****

Atmosphere *****
Overall *****

This club was clean and well maintained. The 12-15 girls they had on shift that evening were all very nice and very good looking. The bartender was a girl and she was pretty very attentive to her customers and very fun to talk to. I got two dances from two different girls and they were both well worth the 20$ without being slutty like most other places I've been to. I kept seeing a well dressed woman walk thru the club speaking to all the customers she came in contact with. She made it a point to come by everyones table to ask them how they were and to introduce herself. She was very professional and very friendly. Come to find out she was the manager. Which probably explained why the club appeared to run so organized I'm sure. The Dj played excellent music choices and he didn't talk so much that he was annoying like other Dj's I've heard in these places. Everyone from the girl at the front door to the bathroom attendant in the men's room was very friendly. This was my first visit to Sammy's and I will visit this place again without a doubt. The girls were hot the staff was friendly and the manager was a woman, what's not to love?

Prop this review • Flag this review

Flag Warnings

shadowcat

Clubs Reviewed: 25
Total Reviews: 128
May 17, 2012
Reason: Possible Shill Review
Comment: SBGM - Sammy's Birmingham General Manager

Read Message
My Messages | Sent Messages

Date Sent: 05/20/12 9:39 AM
To : shadowcat

Subject:

You might want to think again

I'm knew to this site so I'm not sure how to reply to your flag but if I worked at this club and had that title do you really think I would have put sbgm as my nickname? That is not what that stands for. Never even crossed my mind. Just so you know it stands for single-Birmingham-gay-man. I'm a gay man who likes to go to strip clubs. I guess you'll have a problem with that too huh?

24 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Can a gay male do an objective review on a female strip club?"

Yes.

Any human being including SBGM & with all of us being sexual beings too, can be objective in looking at & speaking about any subject, even a sexually oriented subject such as Strip Clubs. Whether SBGM is a shill or not is an entirely different topic & matter as far as giving an objective review is concerned.

"Um, no. You fuckin FAGGOT!"

That comment speaks for itself in VOLUMES!!!
  • thesamurai
    12 years ago
    If his idea of a good club is females in business suits and non-slutty strippers then the answer to sc's question is no.
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    A gay male can no more accurately review a heterosexual stripclub than a straight guy can review a gay club.

If you, SBGM, want to "review" clubs, please review all you want sir, but don't expect people to take you seriously now that you have outted yourself with an in-your-face I'M GAY statement.

Shadowcat only questioned your association with the club, not your sexual orientation. No one here cares what you are, but this forum is not the proper place for pushing the gay political agenda
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I don't know. What did everyone think of MisterGay's reviews? He sure wasn't a popular person on this board.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "A gay male can no more accurately review a heterosexual stripclub than a straight guy can review a gay club"

Incorrect IMO.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    Hmmmmm.
    This would be like me doing reviews of Chippendales - it wouldn't make much sense from a sexual standpoint, which is what alot of people here are looking for in the reviews.
    But if all you want to read about in reviews is general non-sexual stuff, then SBGM's review would be acceptable.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Can a vegetarian write a review of Morton's Steak House?

I suppose they can talk about the parking and the service and if the salad is good - but is that what I care about?
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    Wow, quite a lot more hostility here than I might have expected. Honestly I think that among the things that he commented on such as how clean the club was, how friendly the staff was, whether the DJ was a jerk are all things that you don't have to be hetero to evaluate and are all things I would include in a review. Whether the women were attractive is also something that a gay guy could evaluate.

Now when it comes to the dances we may have a difference of opinion. Clearly he was not looking for high mileage ('slutty') so I will take it that the club did not do high mileage dances.

Still, was the review informative? Yes.
  • snowtime
    12 years ago
    The review sure appears to be a shill review. Just the way it is written makes it look suspect. If the guy is a Gay male I don't know why he would be writing a review of a strip club. I can see a Gay male going once out of curiosity, but not writing reviews and participating in a site like TUSCL.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    " Whether the women were attractive is also something that a gay guy could evaluate."

I would have to respectfully disagree with that statement. Consider the reverse situation. What I consider to be an attractive male, most dancers wouldn't agree. Just take a look at the men that dancers find attractive. Totally not what I would consider to be "hot".

Another example. Have you ever watched "The Killing" on AMC? The women on the show's discussion blogs find Detective Holder super hot and sexy. They gush all over him. I think he is the epitome of white trailer trash. Scuzzy.

I just dont think a gay man's taste in women will reflect my tastes. I like thicker women and I just doubt a gay man would feel the same

• mmdv26
    12 years ago
    I wonder if the reviewer had a least some "stirring in his loins" while watching friendly, attractive, non-slutty women? He didn't say anything about nice tits or asses (on the dancers), so I'm thinking he might not have been focused on, or even aware of, those aspects of his surroundings that night.

So, maybe gays write good reviews about the aesthetics of the club, but miss the loin-stirring details of nicely shaped tits and asses...on girls.

• deogol
    12 years ago
    I think a gay person can accurately review a strip club in many ways. Cleanliness, attitudes of staff and others, music, security, etc. These are important things.

I don't think I would trust a gay (man's) opinion of what girls are sexy though. :)
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    @motorhead

So, for example, could a gay man judge a beauty pageant? I think he could. He may not be personally sexually arrouses by the women, but he can tell if they fit our standards for what makes a beautiful woman.

I do find it puzzling though that if he does not find the women desirable WTF is he doing in the club in the first place?
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    Why would a gay man even go to a heterosexual stripclub?

Sexually speaking this is a contradiction in terms. Men go to stripclubs because of sexual motivation, not because they want to see the decor of the club.

Either:

1. He is lying to us about being gay, or

2. He is lying to himself about his true sexual orientation.

I suppose he could be bi-sexual which would make his review half correct, but which SBGM went to the club that night, the gay SBGM or the straight SBSM?

I still say the review is a shill at best.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    @inno

I'm probably sounding like I'm contradicting myself - but yes I gay man could judge a contest - just as they always have women. Seems much of the points are awarded for things other than physical beauty. Talent, poise, answering the question.

That's why the contestants who I think belong in the top 10 (based purely on looks) hardly are the same ones that the judges vote on.
  • maburton
    12 years ago
    Have you seen some of the reviews here? He presented a greater detail than about 80% of them. Isn't that good enough?
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @maburton: My thoughts exactly. He at least addressed some of the issues most of us here have lamented over the lack of in reviews.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I wouldn't place much value on the review since I'm mainly interested in how the dancers look and some variables related to that. He didn't list any prices either for drinks or dances either unless I only read a partial clip. I probably would place a lot more value to the review if he said it was a gay club and the dancers were male. I'd know to stay away.

As far as how the dancers look, I don't care a whole lot about how they look with their clothes on. I'm more interested how they look if they were naked.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I figure a gay guy has a female like brain and will be judging looks with a heavy emphasis on the clothes making the appearance. A regular male brain imagines the girl naked in judging her looks IMO. Clothes only get in the way of making accurate assessments.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I suppose some outfits do make dancers look a lot better than others. I don't really have much experience with how gay guys would rate girls physical appearance so I guess I am a bit prejudice. Some dancers don't seem to know when their outfits make them look worse. I suppose if someone said the dancers looked like street walkers or were wearing evening dresses, I would understand.
  • how
    12 years ago
    A woman can review an SC, and her comments can be valuable to those who care about the things she's commenting on.

A gay man can review and SC, and his comments can be valuable to those who care about the things he's commenting on.

But for most on here, the objective in an SC is something that neither the woman nor gay man share as an objective of theirs.
  • mikeya02
    12 years ago
    I'm pretty sure gay guys like chatting with girls. A strip club makes sense.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    "But for most on here, the objective in an SC is something that neither the woman nor gay man share as an objective of
    theirs."

Besides myself and one or two dancers that post here, what other women with different objectives are you referring to?
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Gay males cannot be trusted for judging the looks of a woman. Just look at "super models" that appear more like scrawny malnutritioned boys. Don't throw flowers at them - throw sandwiches!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion